[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking Boiler Controls Technician
Direct Hire Opportunity with a top 50 Specialty Contractor!
Various locations in Texas (Austin, Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Waco) Relocation Assistance Provided!
Perform routine maintenance and complex repairs on controls systems for large, commercial HVAC boilers (gas-fired hot water boilers, gas-fired steam boilers, and electric-fired steam boilers) and on related equipment. Understand equipment and process flow and effectively troubleshoot problems to ensure everything is working properly, efficiently, and affordably.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
1. Inspect, maintain and repair all components of boiler systems and associated mechanical equipment.
2. Troubleshoot and repair control systems, electrical circuitry, deareators, gas and fuel pressure lines, feedwater pumps, compressors, motors, heat exchangers, and other related equipment.
3. Effectively use combustion analyzer, electric multi-meter, and other related test equipment to test and analyze systems and equipment.
4. Perform calibrations and checkouts to basic instrumentation such as gauges, pressure transmitters, flow meters, pneumatic and electronic drive units, variable speed motor controls (VFDs), etc.
5. Follow preventative maintenance schedules and perform routine maintenance and repair; including disassembly, cleaning, and re-assembly functions, fire tube maintenance, water side maintenance, boiler controls disassembly and the repair and rebuilding of controls.
6. Monitor systems and perform safety inspections to ensure compliance with established safety requirements and EPA regulations.
7. Document preventive maintenance and repair as required.
8. Maintain accurate records of completed work and materials used. Complete all necessary paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
9. Assist Service Sales with customer scope development, technical analysis and support for retrofits, control upgrades and enhancements to existing equipment. Assist with estimating time and material costs.
10. Perform all work within the confines of safety rules and regulations.
11. Perform additional assignments as requested/needed.
•Minimum 3 years’ experience in the repair, maintenance, and operation of large commercial boilers and steam generation systems
• Valid Texas Driver License and clean driving record
• Basic working knowledge of computers, micro-processor technology with
computer-based building control systems and computerized preventative maintenance programs
• Ability to layout plans and wiring diagrams
• Ability to effectively manage time and complete delegated work within specified timeframe
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
• Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug-screen and physical tests
• Must be available to be on stand-by or work during evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Employment may be contingent upon active membership in the appropriate local trade union.