[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Seeking Industrial Refrigeration Technicians
Direct Hire Opportunity with a top 50 Specialty Contractor!
Various locations in Texas (Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Waco) Relocation Assistance Provided!
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
1. Responsible for refrigeration repair and maintenance support to industrial accounts in food and beverage and refrigerated storage equipment from 100 hp to 5,000 hp.
2. Perform routine and emergency service on ammonia and Freon refrigeration equipment commonly found in industrial applications.
3. Use working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of ammonia central systems, & control/alarm systems to perform inspections and preventative maintenance as required.
4. Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements.
5. knowledge of controls and electrical systems (high and low voltage)
6. Evaluate customer needs and make recommendations for correction and/or improvement.
7. Respond directly to customer questions, explain services provided, and provide Dispatch with detailed summary of related costs for billing purposes.
8. Complete all required paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
9. Assist Service Sales with customer scope development, technical analysis/support for retrofits, upgrades and/or enhancements to existing equipment.
10. Mentor/train assisting apprentices.
11. Perform all work within the confines of safety rules and regulations.
12. Perform additional assignments as requested/needed.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
• High school degree (or GED) and successful completion of sheet metal apprenticeship program or related trade school
• OSHA-10 certification (if not currently certified, must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire)
• Minimum of 4 years of industrial refrigeration / ammonia / HVAC/R experience.
• RETA 1&2 certification preferred.
• Experience with anhydrous ammonia (R717)
• Basic computer experience
• Must be able to wear a respirator and pass a fit test.
• Motor alignment experience
• Ability to effectively manage time and complete delegated work within specified timeframe
• Ability to read and interpret EPA regulations
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
• Ability to work within precise standards of accuracy
• Ability and willingness to follow oral and written directions
• Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug-screen and physical tests
• Must be available to be on stand-by or work during evenings, weekends, and holidays.