[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Skilled Trades Services, an Industry leader in construction staffing has IMMEDIATE needs for Sheet Metal Mechanics for Commercial & Residential projects in Sanford, NC.
LOCAL candidates ONLY need apply! Unqualified workers need not apply!
***NOTE: If you have NO experience as an HVAC Sheet Metal Mechanic (either apprentice level through journeyman level) please DON'T respond to the ad.
- Ability to install commercial duct work.
- Will be installing Open, Exposed, Single Walled Duct work.
- Identify all tools and materials required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate and install commercial duct work to specifications.
- Assist in the installation of hangars, supports, according to plans and applicable specifications.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
- Experienced installing VAV's, rectangular, square and spiral duct work.
- Experience in refrigerant piping, duct installation, and gas piping.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
- Ability to follow directions!
- Journeyman must have 8+ years experience with commercial sheet metal duct installation.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others -- team player.
- Ability to work independently -- minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
Manufacture and fabricate finished metal products
Install and repair various equipment and components
Assist journeyman sheet metal mechanics.
Calculate material measurements to verify specifications
Conduct tests to evaluate weld quality and tolerance
Previous experience in HVAC Sheet Metal field.
Familiarity with sheet metal tools and procedures.
Familiarity with blueprints and schematics.
Ability to handle physical workload.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Verifiable employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Possess all hand tools of the trade.