[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
* Installs or assists in the installation and/or construction of bulkheads, ceiling panels, doors and trim, windows, rails, hardware and any other related construction activities assigned by the Supervisor.
* Installs or assists in the installation of insulation of compartment floors, ceilings or interior/exterior walls.
* Installs or assists in caulking to windows, doors, wash basins and toilet and shower modules.
* Installs or assists in the installation of adhesives, tiles and carpeting of compartments.
* Reviews compartment blueprints and sketch system to assist in construction.
* May install or assist in electrical work such as: sizing, strapping and pulling of cable, installation and
* hook-ups on all lights, switches, equipment and power panels as required.
* Adheres to all Trident Safety rules and regulations
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1. Shipyard experience installing bulkheads, ceilings, doors, windows, stairs, and furniture in various types of vessels or other marine structures preferred
2. Construction industry experience is a plus
3. Sheet metal experience is ideal
4. Experience working in unfinished structures of vessel
5. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings
6. Able to read and interpret documents and instructions
7. Must be Mechanically inclined with blueprints and drawings
* MUST BE CLEAN SHAVEN FOR RFT on 1st Day.
* PFT (pulmonary fitness test) or RFT (respiratory fitness test) is required.
* Medical monitoring and screening required.
* PPE required: hard hat, safety glasses, and steel toed boots.
Must have own tools:
B. 8M/26' Tape Measure
C. 16 oz. Ball Peen Hammer
D. 10" Vice Grip Pliers
E. R-11 Vice Grip C Clamps - TRAINEES MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 2
F. 8" Crescent Wrench
G. 12" Combination Square
H.Lockable Heavy-Duty Tool Bag
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 90 days (possible contract to hire)
Type: Contract to Hire based on performance, attendance, and especially safety
If you feel you meet these minimum requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 424-531-6093
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.