[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Duration: Contract, up to 18 months starting approximately 11/2021
Location: Pueblo, CO
Facility type: Steel Mill
The Quality Control Supervisor monitors the production process in real time and works with operations to ensure products manufactured meets customer requirements. This position audits inspection and testing activities, develops special inspections for suspected non-compliant product, supports operations during production startups or helps with delivering new inspection training or written practices.
* Perform daily process and product audits (during first piece validation, shift change, process upsets, etc.) to ensure conformance with documented work procedures.
* Document audit results
* Monitor QC results specific to the manufacturing lines each day and communicate significant issues to QA and Operations. Specify improvement opportunities.
* Review product manufactured during “upset” conditions. Provide assistance “bracketing” product during process upsets and ensure product made during these occasions meet customer requirements
* Evaluate or arrange for timely inspections/evaluations of product on HOLD for quality reasons to ensure product that is prime can continue with the manufacturing process
* Attend Admin Cell meetings and provide feedback/updates on significant product quality or inspection issues
* Participate as required when product and process trials are being performed on your shift. Work with the operations team to collect the appropriate product samples and perform the necessary product inspections
* Inspect product returned to the facility associated with a customer claims. Complete reports for QA
* Work with quality management to develop/improve written inspection procedures, as needed.
* Provide leadership in developing and maintaining safe work operating and inspection practices
* Participate in the development of training literature for quality inspectors
* Lead inspection training for operations team as required
* As required, participate in internal and external audit functions
* 1-5 years of experience in QA or operations within an industrial manufacturing environment
* Bachelor’s degree is preferred
* Knowledge of metals-based manufacturing processes, including chemical and mechanical testing procedures
* Must understand ISO quality standards and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
* Knowledge of quality control planning for new products is a plus
* Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with individuals at various levels within the organization
* Experience working with interdepartmental teams at all levels of management to accomplish goals
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities and work independently with minimal supervision
* Strong attention to detail, close observation and concentration skills
* Mechanical aptitude, good manual dexterity and good hand eye coordination
* Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to learn other software applications
* Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively present project results to management team
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.