[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Concrete Finishers Needed Immediately in Salt Lake City, UT!
Pay range depends on experience.
Please email me your resume with experience and contact information to get into consideration for a position!
Performs concrete finishing, all aspects of placing concrete, rodding concrete, running finish machines, hand tools for troweling, and mucking / placing concrete. Patching experience preferred. Works under the supervision of the foreman, but is able to perform without supervision on all tasks. Leads crew members according to supervisor directions.
Required Tasks and Responsibilities
• Pours concrete for any flatwork, including curb and gutter, sidewalk, and stairs to meet plan requirements.
• Runs finishing machines and smoothens flat surfaces using hand-held tools for troweling.
• Perform all aspects of placing concrete for commercial and industrial.
• Ensures that exposed concrete is aesthetically appealing and according to plan requirements.
• Rodding concrete
• Patches concrete at all levels, and ensures quality is high at all levels.
• Provides guidance, direction, and instructions to the crew.
• Reads, studies, and analyzes plans and diagrams to understand the layout and to determine the dimensions of the structure or form to be finished.
• Verifies that grade and elevation are exactly according to plans.
• Performs functions according to company and OSHA safety guidelines.
• Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
• Performs other duties as determined and required by project need.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
• Marks reference points or cutting lines on work pieces, and measures materials or distances using pencil, scriber, square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
• Operates vehicles, mechanized devices, and/or equipment as required and if certified.
• Expert understanding of the concrete trade is necessary.
• 3-10 years experience in commercial concrete trade.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
• Required to be exact, highly accurate, and detail-oriented.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to lead, guide, and direct other crew members.
• Ability to receive instructions and work effectively as a team.
• Ability to self-perform various tasks without supervision.
• Ability to identify and handle proper tools for specific functions.
• Ability to listen and follow directions.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to pay attention to details in small areas.
• Ability to be responsible for the health and safety of others by working safely.
• Ability to adhere to strict quality control measures.
• Ability to read and understand a tape measure.
The following tools and equipment are required to use for the position:
• 4” x 16”, 4” x 12”, and Margin Trowel
• 3 ½” x 16” Mag. Float
• 6” x 6” x ½” and 6” x 6” x ¼” Edger
• Claw Hammer
• Knee Board and Knee Pads
• Rubber Boots and Gloves
• 25’ Tape Measure
• Water Brush
• Bucket for Tools, Water, and Materials
• Chipping Hammer
• 2” Wide Chisel
• Neoprene Float
• Rubber Float (Red or Black)
• 60 Grit Hand Stone
• 5” x 12” Plastering Trowel
• 2” Paint Brush, Foxtail Brush, and Water Brush