[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
WFG INDUSTRIAL partners with Turbo-Machinery & Rotating Equipment OEM’s and field service companies in the Petro/Chemical, Oil/Gas, Power Generation and Industrial Construction sectors offering industrial personnel support.
WFG INDUSTRIAL The Right People, The Right Projects
WFG INDUSTRIAL is hiring for the following: P6 Scheduler
Scheduler - Develops, statuses, and analyzes Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) in sufficient detail to monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner. Must have good working knowledge of major maintenance of turbo machinery and rotating equipment.
Communicates schedule impacts and proposes corrective actions to applicable stakeholders.
Develops recovery plans for turbo machinery and rotating equipment (Pumps, Motors, Fin Fans, Compressors etc.) to ensure program milestones are completed in accordance with the contract requirements and financial plans. Use of critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution is required. Supports schedule risk assessments and mitigation planning. As necessary, supports cost/schedule integration in support of Earned Value Management requirements. Supports proposal activities including IMP development as required. Position requires coordination with program management, customer, IPT leads, functional leads, and CAMs.
I. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Microsoft Project expertise. Critical Path Methodology. IMP/IMS Development. Program Life Cycle Knowledge. IRAD and Proposal experience.
2. Earned Value Management experience. Experience in team coordination in an Integrated Product Team environment. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Trains and assists program and proposal teams in preparation for planning sessions and is instrumental in the generation of the proposal and/or program schedule.
4. Leads program management teams in program schedule development and updates, prepares reports for customer and/or Program Manager. Manages the status of program schedule performance against program goals. Analyses, recommends and implements, as appropriate, work-around or recovery plans in a proactive manner. Assists in program phase reviews.
5. Develops critical path analysis in conformance with the Integrated Master Planning and Scheduling format.
6. Monitors program schedule performance and activities. Identifies trends, suggests corrective actions in a timely manner and supports implementation. Provides independent assessment of program schedule performance to program and to Management.
7. Analyzes the results of schedule risk assessments and optimizes the schedule to ensure low risk schedule performance. Independently evaluates program risks and status, including all related internal plans and schedules, and prepares planning related presentations and analyses of findings for review by business/technical organizations and customer.
8. Ensures that all schedules prepared are well structured and fully integrated with subcontractors and/or external suppliers. Coordinates the development of cost and schedule estimates required in a Request for Proposal (RFP) and in a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
9. Implements company Integrated Master Planning & Scheduling (IMPS) Dept. standards by conducting presentations, training and other informational sessions with IPTs and program management personnel.
10. Implements IMPS guidelines and procedures that are consistent with company standards and requirements.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Experience developing Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) for project execution, using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera / P6.
Experience implementing schedules on multiple Earned Value Management (EVM) programs.
Working knowledge of cost/schedule integration business rhythm activities including cost/schedule alignment, baseline change requests and variance analysis.
Ability to interpret program requirements via multiple sources (RFP, SOW, WBS).
Ability to engage with program teams to assist in development of WBS and IMS.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
WFG Industrial is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The Workforce Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.