[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
TRS is currently seeking a Sr. Project Engineer (Assistant PM) for a construction company in Raleigh, NC.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply!
The Project Engineer will develop, manage, and/or execute all phases of the construction cost control effort or the construction planning/scheduling effort for one or more large, complex and demanding projects.
Will provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult and complex construction project control problems.
Interface with clients, attend meetings and provide statistical reports as required.
• Assists Project Manager in formulating and updating project schedule and defies/optimizes the means and methods for the project with PM
• Responsible for building a CPM schedule.
• Initiates purchase orders, subcontract agreements and change orders for review by Project Manager.
• Tracks weekly production quantities for accurate weekly/monthly cost reports.
• Produces and verifies monthly pay requests with owner.
• Processes all shop drawings, submittals, and coordinates material deliveries with Project Superintendent.
• Responsible for and verifies all monthly accruals, revenue and costs.
• Schedules the Quality Control Team, Schedules and arranges for equipment moves on and off the job
• Interacts w/subcontractors as required.
• Responsible for maintenance of the project schedule including materials, equipment, and subcontractors.
• Ensures that the administrative and accounting information from the field are reliable.
• Participates at the final acceptance of the project (with the Project Manager).
• Responsible for maintenance of safe working environment.
• Oversees onsite Construction and Field Engineers.
• Must have good operational foundation and be able to direct field operations.
• Must possess sound business and operational judgement, knows good solutions from bad solutions.
• Proficient PC skills including a proficiency in various software used such as Excel, Primavera, and SAP.
• Ability to manage and supervise engineering on multiple projects.
Education and Experience:
Requires 7+ years of previous experience as a Project Engineer, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
A college degree AS or BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is required
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
• Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
• Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
• Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
• Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Continuous mental attention required to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
• Exposure to dust, dirt grease and noise.
• Work can be performed at heights up to 60 feet, requiring the employee to climb ladders, scaffolds and stair towers, often with narrow steps and passageways.
• Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground and slopes in varying weather conditions.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, based on project need(s) and demand(s).
• Regularly required to sit and/or stand during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
Medical & Vision Insurance
Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
Short Term Disability
Voluntary Term Life
Long Term Disability
Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.