[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Geotemps, Inc is seeking a Core Cutter. This position is located in Black Canyon City, AZ and Phoenix. The Core Cutter must have a commitment to teamwork, safety and following policy and protocol. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter.
Candidate will cut drill core to desired specifications laid out by supervisor. Candidate will move and organize core boxes containing rock core. Candidate will go through task training and will be required to attend all safety meetings. Candidate must be detail oriented. Candidate must be able to work well as a team and have good communications skills. Candidate must be able to multitask and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
• Basic knowledge of core cutting equipment is preferable but not required.
• Candidate must be able to lift 50-100 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
• Report to Senior Geologist.
• Assist in picking up drill core from drill sites—occasional
• Assist the geologist with field activities
• Prepare drill core for logging
• Photograph drill core
• Cut/split core with a diamond blade core saw (similar to a wet masonry saw)—occasional
• Bag samples
• Organize core boxes in stacks
• Operate forklift
• Special projects, training, and clerical tasks when necessary.
• Assist others as requested or assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
• HS Diploma or GED
• Required PPE: steel toed boots, work gloves, respirator, face shield, and ear protection. Client will provide all safety equipment and gear minus steel toed boots.
• Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screen and Background Check.
• Prior geotechnical experience helpful but not required.
• Prior experience in construction and with hand and power tools helpful but not required.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and complete tasks under tight deadlines.
• Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be willing and able to travel to remote areas.
The employee will be working primarily outdoors with shade and cooled air, with occasional time outdoors with no effective protection from the weather or temperature changes. Extreme temperatures may be experienced from below 32F to above 100F for over an hour. Occasionally, employees may be exposed to wet environments where the following hazards are present: high noise levels, vibration, odors, dusts, mists, cutting fluids, confined spaces, and other physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat. The worker will be required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment).
This position is deemed safety sensitive. A safety-sensitive position is any job that includes tasks or duties that the Company, in good faith, believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others.