[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
As a leading national skilled trade organization, we have the resources to help you maximize the skills you’ve developed and to contribute positively to your trade.
LEAD offers great benefits such as paid holidays* and paid sick leave* ( * subject to eligibility requirements) and allows you to CHOOSE how and where you utilize your hard-won skills, along with the opportunity to grow your experience level. Your team at LEAD want you to have a great fit at a company that values your contributions.
What are you working toward?
Based on your work ethic, development and dedication to your role, with support from your local branch and job-site leadership, you will develop and strengthen your skill sets
We are seeking electrical commissioning technician to become part of our team!
The Pre-Commissioning Technician works with the installation team to complete the installation of conveyor and material handling systems by testing and troubleshooting PLC’s, various communications and controls networks, motor controls and other electrical systems. Candidates must be road warriors and be willing and able to travel to projects throughout the nation. 100% travel.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Work closely with electrical installers and Controls Engineers to implement and validate simple to highly complex material handling systems at customer sites located throughout North America.
2. Fluent with reading and interpreting electrical schematics and blueprints.
3. Complete material handling system I/O and device level checkout and validation. Troubleshoot and correct component problems ( PLC, field devices, network repeaters, etc.) as required.
4. Testing, validate and troubleshoot various communications and controls networks. Siemens and/or Allen Bradley experience highly preferred. Ethernet IP, Device Net, Control Net, Profi-bus, ASi, and CANbus. Communication validation using IP address settings and checking ethernet testers such as Fluke Cable IQ ENET reporting. Wiring and cabling installation, node addressing and gateway setup. ASIMON experience and understanding.
5. 480v, 120v and 48 VDC and 24 VDC wiring experience. Installing and troubleshooting photo eyes and other sensors. Wiring of motors and motor brakes based on drawing details. Electrical troubleshooting of field devices and wiring.
6. Provide daily and weekly progress reports of accomplished tasks and exceptions.
Requirements for this role include:
1. Two year technical degree or equivalent experience, preferably electrical engineering related field.
2. Strong emphasis on PLC controls, working knowledge of networks (such as Siemens, Device Net, Ethernet, AS-I, Profi-bus and Profi-Net), AC/DC circuits, and multiphase power distribution.
3. Working knowledge of fundamental electronic test equipment, including multi-meters, etc.
4. Two years minimal experience with material handling systems controls and wiring preferred.
5. Must be able to travel extensively and work at least 55-60 hours/week.
Salary is based on experience.
Travel reimbursement is available from project to project travel.
Please contact us at 888 929 0213
LEAD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LEAD is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a growing national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.