[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Superintendent to join our growing team in Pueblo, Co. The Mechanical Superintendent will report to the Construction Manager and will be responsible for oversight and review of a contractor installation rail mill, approval and documentation of all mechanical construction activities as delineated in the project execution procedures, site specific safety plan and project execution plan. This position will extensively communicate daily with the Project Director, Site Manager, Construction Manager, Quality Manager, engineering team, safety team and general contractors.
• Manages implementation of health and safety project plans
• Attend Contractors safety and Plan of the day meetings ensuring that they are performing as required
• Recording the contractor’s total manpower on site daily to provide backup for contractors billing.
• General inspection of the workers and their quality and safety
• Ensuring that the stipulated safety rules and regulations are met
• Liaises with Owner and contractors QA/QC inspectors on the site and participate in QA/QC inspections as needed.
• Follows the project construction process to ensure that it is completed in time
• Ensure that quality is preserved in the construction process and that the budget is maintained
• Verifying project progress records in liaison with the contractor’s superintendents.
• Verifies that all work is performed in accordance with approved manuals and procedures
• Ensures that the project is constructed and documented in accordance with the contract documents and good engineering practices
• Provide technical support
• Assists the Site Manager in providing technical input to change orders
• Assists the Site Manager in schedule monitoring updates, invoices, and submittals
• Assists the Construction and Site Managers in reviewing the progress of contractors’ construction schedules
• Assists the Site Manager in reviewing daily, weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of the contractors, including project costs, schedule slippage and potential changes
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, a technology discipline, or related field is prefer ed. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered with demonstrable experience in operations, engineering maintenance, project management, and leadership
• Ability to perform task such as lifting, walking uneven surfaces, climbing ladders, scaffolding working on elevated platforms.
• Knowledge of local and national safety codes, requirements and standards.
• Working knowledge and experience with plant maintenance systems
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy
• Professional, honest and maintains a high level of integrity
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, required
• Excellent team player, strong ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with employees and members of management
Pay is $60/hr