[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Summary: The person in this position reports to the General Manager and is responsible for directly supervising the construction of greenhouse building structures or other construction as determined by the General Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Supervise the work activities of greenhouse construction crews assigned to assemble greenhouses or other construction as determined by the General Manager. Provide input on their performance to the General Manager.
2. Prepare worksites for assembly and placement of greenhouses or other construction structures.
3. Respond to customer inquiries and complaints regarding installations.
4. Mobilize and protect necessary construction equipment.
5. Insure all parts and materials are available on campus or on customer site.
6. Monitor quality of the installation and report any problems or potential problems to the General Manager.
7. Document and photograph progress of the greenhouse projects.
8. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledges, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to human resources management
Knowledge of building codes and restrictions
Knowledge of safety policies and regulations
Knowledge of construction requirements and techniques
Ability to define and solve specific customer problems associated with installation
Ability to supervise the work of others
Skilled at using construction tools and equipment.
Travel will be required to customer site to perform work. Frequently requires physical labor typical of construction activities, which includes lifting, bending, stooping, kneeling, and reaching. Working outside is required, sometimes in harsh weather conditions.
Ability to read and follow complex instructions and read blueprints and schematics, plus one year of construction experience
The person in this position needs continuous training in corporate policies and procedures related to product installation and human resources management, and construction techniques.