[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This position is responsible for managing small and/or less complex construction / maintenance projects.
• Manage of small cap structural, mechanical, electrical, architectural and civil construction / facility projects.
• Manage HSE requirements for construction / maintenance projects in operating facilities.
• Planning and scheduling contractor work in an operating facility.
• Develop construction / facility maintenance scopes of work.
• Manage quality requirements for construction / facility maintenance projects.
• Manage construction / facility maintenance costs and budgets.
• Obtain work approvals and permits as required.
• Work in a distribution center facility.
• Responsible for Contractor and Client Invoicing.
• Work with local Engineering firms when necessary.
• Obtain estimates / bids.
• Manage construction turn over with drawing, as builds, submittals, etc. Update Master drawings as needed.
• With DOO assistance, maintains client relationships by regular communication to better understand project operations, this communication should; appraise of Fluor activities, advise of potential improvements, assess changing needs, develop teamwork and ask for client feedback on performance.
• Acts as the first line of contact to the Client Plant Manager by conducting quarterly interviews and maintaining close client relationships.
• Manages the work to the terms of the contract by eliminating leakage and optimizing returns.
• Monitors risk as assigned by DOO by reviewing risk on a regular basis and identifying significant business risk for Fluor.
• Identifies future client requirements and upselling opportunities by developing on-site assessments of client operations and proposing project plans.
• Fulfills contract and OSR/OSIP requirements by ensuring that the duties and responsibilities of the project contract are clearly defined, documented and followed by the Fluor team.
• Assists in the development and adherence to Site Business Plan by monitoring budgets, performance and utilization, and provides periodic reporting for the respective site. .
• Maintains a safe work environment by administering a proactive environmental, health and safety program oriented towards maintenance activities and zero accidents.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
*Basic Job Requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
• Prepare scope of work for bid packages, review bids, and make recommendations for award
• Experience in an operating commercial plant
• Experience in heavy industrial environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
• Experience managing budgets
• Experience in conflict resolution