[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Account Manager Level:
Corporate FLSA Classification (US Only):
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager EEOC Classification (US Only):
The purpose of the Account Manager is to sell the entire offering to current and prospective customers, including field operations and maintenance, midstream operations, machine shop/engine shop/valve shop services. The role is accountable for achieving sales goals for named accounts and within a defined geography, by growing share of existing customers through the sale of all product and service offerings and by acquiring new customers by providing consultative solutions. The role is expected to provide a mix of strategic and tactical solutions in a business-to-business selling environment. The focus is on acquisition, penetration, and retention of customers.
1. Researches and qualifies prospective accounts, including identifying the purchasers and key buying behaviors
2. Develops sales strategy, including comparing and evaluating services to make appropriate recommendations based on needs analysis of the prospective account
3. Executes the sale, conducting presentations, negotiating pricing, and presenting the contract to close the sale
4. Coordinates internally on both proposal development and closing the sale, including necessary reporting to management
5. Researches existing accounts, identifying opportunities for expanding product offerings and ensuring accounts are managed according to business objectives
6. Develops sales strategy, including comparing and evaluation of services to make appropriate recommendation based on needs analysis of the existing account
7. Executes the sale, including proposal development, CRM input, conducting presentations, negotiating pricing, and presenting the contract to close the sale
8. Maintains a consultative relationship with the purchasers or influencers of the existing account to ensure renewal
Education: College degree preferred, or 2-year Associates degree with combination of experience.
Experience: 5+ years selling in a B2B environment, with a responsibility for self-generated leads and territory management
2+ years selling multiple, integrated products and services. Skill Requirements:
Experience in the oil and gas industry selling products and services with significant technical specifications.
A good working knowledge of various types of reciprocating compressor systems in the refinery and petrochemical Downstream markets.
MS Office Suite proficiency with ability to develop client-ready presentations in PowerPoint and conduct basic database tasks in Excel
Experience using sales automation/CRM (Siebel, MS Dynamics, etc.) tools is preferred.
Must be able to communicate with internal and external customers
Excellent problem solving skills and detail-oriented.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet schedules. This position will entail other duties as assigned. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job:
The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
Continually required to stand, walk, and sit. Some climbing and stooping required at customer job sites.
The employee must occasionally lift 10 pounds and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision depth perception, and ability to focus.
Travel is required to customer locations, which will require the Account Manager to meet all HSE and personal protective equipment requirements.
Employee could be exposed to extreme hot and cold temperatures, and high noise levels. Benefits available immediately upon hire. No relocation package. Must live or commute to Santa Clarita area.