[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Civil Engineer 1 - No experience needed! Entry Level
(MUST have bachelors degree)
Location: Overland Park, KS
Duration: 12 Months
Our client has a need for a Civil Engineer 1. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading company, we want to talk with you!
The Electric Vehicle Civil Site Design Engineer 1 will assist the lead civil engineer with land development opportunities for both the public and private sector. This position is one where growth opportunities exist within our organization. We are looking to find individuals who pride themselves on delivering successful projects to our clients while building relationships internally and externally to the firm. This includes assisting in:
• Coordinating with our land survey team
• Coordinating with other project disciplines
• Electrical Engineers
• Permitting Team
• Structural Engineers
• Graphic Team
• Interacting with various jurisdictional entities
• Coming up with brilliant design solutions
• Help to ensure a quality experience for our clients
Responsibilities: Day-to-day, will work closely with lead civil manager, other discipline staff, and jurisdictional reviewers. Will be an integral part of delivering the project for the client.
• Site/civil development including grading design, parking lot layout design, erosion and sediment control design.
• Responsible to help lead civil engineer keep track of design expectations, timelines, budgets, and project details.
• Ensuring that design documents meet local, state, federal and best practice standards.
• May work with local, state, and federal authorities regarding requisite approvals necessary for the project.
• Work as a team to ensure that quality assurance and quality controls are maintained prior to issuing documents externally.
• Help to identify and solve complex technical issues related to projects to minimize project risk.
No experience required. Requires a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from either a recognized ABET accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
• EIT is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
Demonstrated Knowledge: We are looking for someone who has design experience and/or passion with regards to grading design, parking lot design, green infrastructure, and storm water management.