[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
LEAD MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Responsible for performing a variety of maintenance activities (preventive and corrective), repairs, setups, and other service requests that provide all client associates and visitors with a safe, orderly, comfortable, and attractive work environment. Supervise and oversee other maintenance technicians to ensure all work is being performed accurately and within requested timeframe. Maintain a familiarity with the office, systems, norms of operation, occupancy and conditions of setup and use, and respond to customer needs and requirements responsibly and professionally. Cultivate a sense of purpose and accountability for quality workmanship, teamwork, and safety. Conduct daily walks to maintain client standards and identify/correct issues before client reports them. Complete all assigned work orders, PMs, and inspections in a timely fashion. Employ open communications with requestors, managers, outside vendors, property engineers, colleagues and building users to support the facility operations. Perform other daily tasks as requested. This position will reside in Fort Mill, SC.
It is important to understand that the following is a guideline of responsibilities and goals for this position. Of course, you may be asked to assist other team members and contribute to the business in other ways that are not outlined below. As an employee of JorgensenFM, you have accepted the responsibility to become a key member in a large team that works together towards two common goals, the financial success of the business and the personal satisfaction of building a rewarding career.
The KPIs below show the main responsibilities to focus on for this position. Within each of these areas you may be given specific and measurable KPIs by your Manager. It is important to review these periodically to make sure you are focusing on the right things and continually exceeding expectations in these areas.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to Learn New Skills
- Work Ethic and Teamwork
- Ability to Learn New Skills
This position is the start of your career at Jorgensen. You will be offered the training, instruction and experience needed to develop your skills. It is expected that these basic skills are learned in short time and any mistakes or errors eliminated within a reasonable period of time.
One of the most important parts of our job every day is the quality of the work we perform. JorgensenFM has built the business on providing our clients with the highest quality work. As a maintenance technician, you are expected to perform your work to the best of your abilities every day. You should take your time and if you have a question about how something should be done, you should ask your Manager for direction. It is expected that you are capable of performing your work properly and as instructed. JorgensenFM expects the work to be completed right the first time and the Technician should take pride in his/her work.
In order to keep our work program on schedule, it is important that all JorgensenFM employees show up for work regularly and on-time. The activities performed are very important to the success of the company and to our client. Each employee has to establish themselves as being dependable and punctual. In summary:
- Show up on time
- Consistently work the full shift
- Work overtime when requested
- Do not exceed your vacation or sick time
- Notify your Manager in advance if you are going to miss work
- Work Ethic and Teamwork
This is a maintenance technician position requiring hard work with a client who has high expectations. It is expected that you give 100% effort day in and day out. You will be expected to work at a productive level for the entire work shift and at the level of your co-workers. Most maintenance work is a team effort, and we expect all technicians to contribute equally to their work, treat each other with respect, and work cohesively as a team.
The company expects all employees to take the initiative to do the right things. We expect that you will not wait to be told to do something but instead proactively seek out instruction and new assignments. JorgensenFM takes pride in the work we do and doing the right things at the right time. In order to do that, we need you to seek out work and get the job done without being told. But if you ever have any questions about a process, please do not hesitate to ask your Manager.
Preferred candidate will have at a minimum a high school diploma, and on-going coursework and education in the building maintenance field as well as strong customer service skills and practical computer knowledge. Candidate should also possess some supervisory experience and at least four years of relevant experience in facility maintenance environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Materials used to repair plumbing fixtures, furniture, lighting and ballasts, filter changes on HVAC and pantry equipment
- Order of procedure to safely lift heavy objects
- Use of basic hand tools including:
- Sockets and wrenches
- Shovels and rakes
- Paint brush, roller, and other painting equipment
- Use of leaf blower to collect leaves and loose debris
- Use of pressure washer and attachments
- Properly use a ladder
- Safely operate Gator to haul items/debris
- Lift training/certification may be required
- Safely operate a trash compactor
- Hang pictures and plaques
- Applying uniform coats of paint and other coatings to surfaces
- Change CO2 tanks on soda dispensers
- Use of PPE to keep yourself and your co-workers safe
- Read, comprehend, and follow simple oral and/or written instructions
- Carry out simple arithmetic functions
- Use a computer, telephone, cell phone and other office equipment for creating and completing work orders using a Computerized Management Maintenance System (CMMS), submitting time sheets, and performing other duties
- Work as part of a team
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk for extended periods of time, reach, bend, stoop, and kneel
- Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Work safely under desks
- Climb and work on a ladder
- Safely move tables and chairs for a variety of set ups
- Occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions
- Work safely alongside mechanical equipment
- Work as part of a team performing maintenance activities
- Develop and maintain a professional customer service-oriented relationship with client associates and managers, subcontractors, and property management staff.
- Solve client facilities-related problems.
- Promote company management philosophy through personal example.
- Conduct day-to-day activities necessary to provide for the safety and comfort of facility occupants and to protect the value and extend the life of the facility asset.
- Maintain all facility interior components and improvements in their best and most cost-effective condition and manage and oversee outsourced service providers to ensure work is performed effectively and executed safely.
- Execute preventive maintenance programs to protect the value and extend the life of all facility components and to provide for cost-effective operation.
- Ensure the proper arrangement of furniture and equipment throughout the office in meeting, workstations, and office space for moves, set-ups and reconfigurations.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance inspections of office and systems using a pro-active approach.
- Practice client security regulations and procedures and follow all safety guidelines.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with everyone on your JFM team.
Total Compensation Package to include: Competitive base pay, annual profitability-based bonus, recognition incentives and extensive training opportunities. Comprehensive Benefit Plan options for full time employees to include: Health and Dental insurance, Vision Discounts, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation, Sick, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability coverage, Health Savings Account, Pet Insurance Discount, Critical Illness coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Plans and more!
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V