[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
FACILITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Responsible for performing a variety of maintenance activities (preventive and corrective), repairs, setups, and other service requests that provide all LPL Financial associates and visitors with a safe, orderly, comfortable, and attractive work environment. Maintain a familiarity with the office, systems, norms of operation, occupancy and conditions of setup and use, and respond to customer needs and requirements responsibly and professionally. Cultivate a sense of purpose and accountability for quality workmanship, teamwork, and safety. Conduct First Watch walks daily to maintain client standards and identify/correct issues before client reports them. Complete all assigned work orders, PMs, and inspections in a timely fashion. Employ open communications with requestors, managers, outside vendors, property engineers, colleagues and building users to support the facility operations. Perform other daily tasks as requested.
It is important to understand that the following is a guideline of responsibilities and goals for this position. Of course, you may be asked to assist other team members and contribute to the business in other ways that are not outlined below. As an employee of JorgensenFM, you have accepted the responsibility to become a key member in a large team that works together towards two common goals, the financial success of the business and the personal satisfaction of building a rewarding career.
The KPIs below show the main responsibilities to focus on for this position. Within each of these areas you may be given specific and measurable KPIs by your Manager. It is important to review these periodically to make sure you are focusing on the right things and continually exceeding expectations in these areas.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to Learn New Skills
- Work Ethic and Teamwork
- Ability to Learn New Skills
One of the most important parts of our job every day is the quality of the work we perform. JorgensenFM has built the business on providing our clients with the highest quality work. As a maintenance technician, you are expected to perform your work to the best of your abilities every day. You should take your time and if you have a question about how something should be done, you should ask your Manager for direction. It is expected that you are capable of performing your work properly and as instructed. JorgensenFM expects the work to be completed right the first time and the Technician should take pride in his/her work.
In order to keep our work program on schedule, it is important that all JorgensenFM employees show up for work regularly and on-time. The activities performed are very important to the success of the company and to our client. Each employee has to establish themselves as being dependable and punctual. In summary:
- Show up on time
- Consistently work the full shift
- Work overtime when requested
- Do not exceed your vacation or sick time
- Notify your Manager in advance if you are going to miss work
- Work Ethic and Teamwork
The company expects all employees to take the initiative to do the right things. We expect that you will not wait to be told to do something but instead proactively seek out instruction and new assignments. JorgensenFM takes pride in the work we do and doing the right things at the right time. In order to do that, we need you to seek out work and get the job done without being told. But if you ever have any questions about a process, please do not hesitate to ask your Manager.
Preferred candidate will have at a minimum a high school diploma, and on-going coursework and education in the building maintenance field as well as strong customer service skills and practical computer knowledge. Candidate should also possess at least four years of relevant experience in facility maintenance environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Materials used to repair plumbing fixtures, furniture, lighting and ballasts, filter changes on HVAC and pantry equipment
- Order of procedure to safely lift heavy objects
- Correct work methods for various activities required to maintain assigned facility work types including:
- Ergonomics for Office Furniture
- Event Set Ups
- Furniture Repair
- Furniture and Equipment Installation
- General Building Exterior
- General Building Interior
- Keys / Locks
- Make Ready
- Name Plates
- Parking deck and surface lot
- Pest Control
- Space Modification
- Trash Removal
- Use of basic hand tools including:
- Sockets and wrenches
- Shovels and rakes
- Paint brush, roller, and other painting equipment
- Use of leaf blower to collect leaves and loose debris
- Use of pressure washer and attachments
- Properly use a ladder
- Safely operate Gator to haul items/debris
- Lift training/certification may be required
- Safely operate a trash compactor
- Hang pictures and plaques
- Applying uniform coats of paint and other coatings to surfaces
- Change CO2 tanks on soda dispensers
- Use of PPE to keep yourself and your co-workers safe
- Read, comprehend, and follow simple oral and/or written instructions
- Carry out simple arithmetic functions
- Use a computer, telephone, cell phone and other office equipment for creating and completing work orders using a Computerized Management Maintenance System (CMMS), submitting time sheets, and performing other duties
- Work as part of a team
- Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk for extended periods of time, reach, bend, stoop, and kneel
- Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Work safely under desks
- Climb and work on a ladder
- Safely move tables and chairs for a variety of set ups
- Occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions
- Work safely alongside mechanical equipment
- Work as part of a team performing maintenance activities
- Position Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a professional customer service-oriented relationship with client associates and managers, subcontractors, and property management staff.
- Solve client facilities-related problems.
- Promote company management philosophy through personal example.
- Conduct day-to-day activities necessary to provide for the safety and comfort of facility occupants and to protect the value and extend the life of the facility asset.
- Maintain all facility interior components and improvements in their best and most cost-effective condition and manage and oversee outsourced service providers to ensure work is performed effectively and executed safely.
- Execute preventive maintenance programs to protect the value and extend the life of all facility components and to provide for cost-effective operation.
- Ensure the proper arrangement of furniture and equipment throughout the office in meeting, workstations, and office space for moves, set-ups and reconfigurations.
- Coordinate and physically move five or fewer people, including delivering moving bins and packing instructions, inspection of workspace cubicles or offices, checking drawers for items left behind and ensuring space in move-in ready.
- Ensure the new space is move-in ready, by maintaining drawers and cabinets are empty and clean, locks are in good working order and keys are present, whiteboards or writable wall surfaces are clean, waste receptables are present, clean and empty and chair is in place.
- Provide Day-One assistance as part of the move support team to ensure monitors are in good working order and adjusted to the correct height and placement, ensure any cables and cords are neat and tucked into the wire management system or cable tray, headset and phones are in working order.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance inspections of office and systems using a pro-active approach.
- Practice client security regulations and procedures and follow all safety guidelines.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with everyone on your JFM team.
Company will conduct Background check, MVR and Controlled Substance testing prior to hire.
Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employers and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
I certify that this job description is an accurate description of the job responsibilities assigned to this position.
By signing above, I am certifying that I have read the above Position Description in detail. My direct Manager has reviewed this with me in person and answered all my questions. I understand what is expected of me in this position. I also understand that this position description may change over time and/or may not be all inclusive. In addition to the details outlined within, I am expected to communicate with my Manager regularly to understand processes and procedures.