[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
· Assist in proper project planning, value added engineering means and methos, develop work packages and prepare production indicators/benchmarks and develop the master schedule.
· Interpret design/drawings. Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences and errors. Verify that all completed work complies with applicable code, drawings and specifications.
· Identify any state or local laws relating to environmental compliance and educate our team to ensure understanding and compliance with the permit requirement.
· Provide engineering input to the daily job log.
· Generate and maintain contract compliance matrix.
· Interpret production goals from work packages for craft supervisors, ensure full understanding to enable daily communication of productivity goals to crews executing the work. Ensure tracking of quantity data and measure productivity.
· Track the progress of the major vendors and subcontractors to ensure that materials are manufactured and delivered in a timely manner as not to impact the project schedule.
· Assist project team in coordinating subcontractors and ensuring their adherence to company expectatiosn and project requirements.
· Generate and maintain the project schedule to aid project leadership in knowing where they are and making decisions on how to achieve project goals with input from others.
· Generate and maintain the project submittal log, requests for information log and correspondence with client/owner.
· Coordinate the transmittal and subsequent approval of all submittals to the owner/engineer.
· Generate and maintain contract compliance listings, buyout logs and procurement reports.
· Identify, document and estimate costs of extra work activities which were not anticipated in the original scope and provide proper notification and financial reporting of change orders. Establish and maintain a project change order log that ties to the UAR.
· Work with the project management team to track and report project costs tosenior management. Update project cost/revenue forecasts, identify financial risks/opportunities.
Requirements for this role include:
· Bachelors in construction management, engineering or business.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in heavy construction, utility construction preferred.
· Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, means and methods): Supervision, estimating, schedules, budgets.
· Excellent leadership, organizational and supervisory skills.
· Requires significant independent judgment, strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize, multi-task and change between duties with accuracy and quality.
· Some travel will be required. Travel to jobsites and projects.
· Written and oral communication skills are required with the ability to effectively communicate with project supervisors, team members, regulatory personnel and others.
· Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook. Additional computer programs including Primavera P6, similar scheduling experience, CMIC or other document management software
As a leading national skilled trade organization, we have the resources to help you maximize the skills you’ve developed and to contribute positively to your trade.
LEAD offers great benefits such as paid holidays* and paid sick leave* ( * subject to eligibility requirements) and allows you to CHOOSE how and where you utilize your hard-won skills, along with the opportunity to grow your experience level. Your team at LEAD want you to have a great fit at a company that values your contributions.
What are you working toward?
Based on your work ethic, development and dedication to your role, with support from your local branch and job-site leadership, you will develop and strengthen your skill sets
We are seeking Senior Project Engineer to become part of our team!
LEAD is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LEAD is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a growing national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.