[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Schedule, coordinate and supervise craft employee activities. May involve supervising one or more trade groups (electricians, boilermakers, carpenters, etc.) working in particular construction discipline (civil, structural, electrical).
1. Plan and supervise Assistant Superintendent and/or craft activities includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
2. Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
3. Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
4. Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
5. Assist Labor Relations Department in maintaining communications with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning required manpower, etc., as necessary.
6. Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
7. Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
8. Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience. Minimum of eight years supervisory experience in similar facility construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required. Advanced understanding of
construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups essential.