[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Shop Structural Welders needed for work in St Louis, MO
50-60 hours a week
Long term work
Flux Core welding in flat and horizontal position on carbon steel, mainly beams and columns.
$26 an hour and $630 Weekly per diem
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Dress metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
1. Operate grinders, arc air, cutting torch and other hand-held tools.
2. Layout, fit-up, and weld plates, clip angle, channel and other misc. items to structural beams and columns.
2. Determine required equipment and welding method to complete complex or difficult assignments
3. Read blueprints to determine measurements
4. Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
5. Lays out, positions, and tack welds parts and assemblies according to specifications
6. Fabricate and fit steel pieces
7. Perform full penetration in the 1G and 2G position
8. Position work pieces using an overhead crane or a jib crane