[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
MMR Constructors, Inc. is accepting resumes for Utah Licensed Journeyman Electricians and non-licensed Journeyman Electricians for a project near Salt Lake City, Utah.
At MMR, our most valuable assets are not our buildings or equipment, it is our family of employees with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Our investment in training programs and resources allows our employees to reach both their personal and professional goals. This is evident with MMR receiving numerous awards including “Best Place to Work” and consistently being recognized as one of the top Engineering News Record’s “Annual Specialty Contractors.” All of which can be further explained on our website (https://mmrgrp.com/resources) by watching the provided videos.
MMR has served as the industry leader in instrumentation and electrical construction, maintenance, and technical services for over 30 years. Our diverse list of clients allows us the unique ability to work across industry lines in the oil and gas upstream and midstream as well as chemical and petrochemical downstream, industrial manufacturing, power generation, renewable energy, mission critical, heavy commercial, and energy storage sectors. MMR holds the proud distinction of being the largest privately owned “Open Shop” contractor in the United States with over 30 branch offices including global locations in Canada, Qatar, and South America. For more information, please visit our website: www.mmrgrp.com.
Job Duration: through end of 2022
Job Schedule: 5/10's
Licensed Rate: $46.00/hr
Non-licensed Rate: $38.00 - $42.00/hr (depending on experience)
Per Diem: $700.00/week (outside 50 miles)
Duties and responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Interpret blueprints and follow manufacturers’ specifications
• Participate in the construction installation, modification, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and components (lighting, wiring, transformers, outlets, circuit breakers, etc.)
• Study wiring diagrams and manuals to determine correct installation and quality
• Electrical testing and calibration
• Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit/cable tray
• Pulls wiring through conduit or lays cable in cable tray
• Connects control wiring to switch gears, junction boxes, instruments, devices, and equipment
• Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker panels
• Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor and installs grounding leads
• Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, hot stick, multi meter and/or oscilloscope
• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation or replacement
• Repairs faulty equipment or systems using rulers, hand tools, hacksaws, pipe threaders, conduit benders, ladders, etc.
• Maintains tools and equipment and keeps supplies and parts
• Disassembles defective electrical equipment such as motors, switch gears and circuit breakers
• Loads transports and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies
• Assists in lifting, positioning and fastening objects such as wiring, conduit cable trays and motors
• Clerical/administrative duties related to task or project documentation
• Attend safety training as directed
• Must comply with all safety and company rules and regulations
• Employee must be able to travel to and from the jobsite via personal vehicle or other public form of transportation
MMR offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k), 401(k) matching and numerous other voluntary benefits.
MMR Group, Inc. and its affiliated companies ("MMR") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected class.