[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our Client, a major Energy / Utilities company in SE Region, is looking to add a Senior Safety Specialist to their team and manage ongoing Oil + Gas projects.
Location: Norfolk, VA, USA 23509
Duration: 12 months w/ opportunity for extension
Per diem: $156/day per days worked
Top 3 Required Skills
1) Five or more years in role as a titled safety professional in a relevant field (e.g. vessels, wind farms) with CSP, OSHA 500 or 501, or CHST;
2) Considerable related experience managing a similar safety program in an offshore setting;
3) Knowledge of BOEM/BSEE, USCG, and OSHA regulations;
4.) Must Have: Paramedic and/or EMT License and/or Certification
What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Nice to Have Skills:
• Knowledge of ISO 45001, ANSI, IMCA, and ACP standards
• Experience with risk assessment and root cause analysis
• Certified Safety Professional; First Aid Instructor; Audiometric/Spirometer Testing (OSHA); Hazardous Communication; Respirator certified; Crane Inspector (OSHA); Confined Entry Instructor; Fire Watch Instructor; OSHA 30, 500, 501; GWO safety training.
High Level Project Overview:
• The Dominion Energy Power Generation business unit seeks a highly motivated Senior Safety Specialist to support the day-to-day operation of the CVOW Offshore Wind Farm. CVOW is a large offshore wind farm off the coast of Virginia Beach, Virginia, with a net generating capacity of approximately 2.6 Gigawatts.
• This facility is expected to start construction at the end of 2023, and expected to begin commercial operations mid-2025, however, to start O&M preparations and provide an opportunity to gain offshore wind experience and contribute to construction safety during the construction phase, we are looking to fill this position now.
Preferred Years of Experience:
• Five or more years in role as a titled safety professional in a relevant field
• Preferred: 4-year degree in ABET accredited institution in Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline, or 4-year degree in Engineering with significant safety-related work experience
• Ability to pass GWO basic safety training, USCG 719 K and Cardio stress test.
• Must Have: Paramedic/EMT License / Certification
Are there any specific companies/industries you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
• Offshore Wind or Oil and Gas offshore
Knowledge of federal and state safety, fire protection and OSHA laws and Minerals Management Service (MMS) requirements. Considerable related experience. Full knowledge of fire protection standards. Full knowledge of hazardous material/chemical management and transportation. Job specific knowledge of industrial hygiene sampling and surveying techniques. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Good public speaking/presentation skills.