[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our Client, a subsidiary of a Fortune 500 A/E Firm, is looking to add a Level 1 QA/QC Technician to their team in Houston TX. This person will be on Contract for 2 years with possibility of conversion or extension. You will be onsite, Monday - Friday, seeing 40-60 hours weekly. This position will start in the new year and they are going to start reviewing resumes first week of January. These will be Oil & Gas Refinery projects.
Location: 3014 S. Sam Houston Parkway E. Houston, TX, USA 77047
Pay rate/spread: $40-45/hour + 1.5x OT + Benefits
Duration: 2 year Contract
Schedule: Onsite M-F - standard hours
• The Quality Specialist (QA/QC Tech Level I) is responsible for performing activities associated with the implementation of key processes (e.g. document control, inspection and test plan development, etc.) and auditing to support certifications and continuous improvement efforts.
• Additionally, this individual may be responsible to perform project inspections and tests of work scopes as well as welder performance qualifications associated the project specifications, governing codes of construction, and the prime agreement.
• Perform office and project assessments and audits to confirm the Quality Program is implemented as intended and when necessary perform key processes associated with the quality program to support project success.
• Develop Inspection and Test Plans to meet project requirements.
• Administer Welder Performance Qualifications including oversight of coupon testing.
• Inspect and verify that construction is performed in compliance with the specifications and drawings.
• Confirm subcontractor project specific quality plan are in compliance with the specifications and drawings and implemented.
• Confirm subcontractor quality verification documents are completed and support proper turnover and deliverables
• Identify and when required document non-conformances confirm a disposition has been documented and when required, work associated with the disposition is successfully performed and documented.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of corporate quality records.
• Responsible for maintaining personnel qualification and certifications.
• Participate in the Task Safety Observations (TSO's) and ensure corrective measures have been implemented for problem areas.
• Monitor compliance with all company and site safety requirements.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Procore file structure development
• Paperless inspection knowledge
• Become the TWI (weld tracking application) expert for the organization
• Provide training for TWI
• Provide input into setting the projects up in TWI
• Assist the projects with TWI reports
• Audit data in TWI
• Help with Procore set up of projects
• Assist in setting up folders for quality document turnover
• Monitor quality progress of Procore
• Teach paperless inspections in Procore or DB Tracker
• Monitor information in Procore for accuracy
• Organize tablet needs
• Assist with welder testing oversight
• Assist with supplier assessments
• Perform supplier inspections
• Perform or assist with project assessments
• ASME/NBIC code applications