[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Pay: $150k/yr plus, based on experience + ESOP
Location: Carlsbad, Pasadena, Oakland and Sacramento, CA
WFH: Yes unless on site
- 20+ years in Construction Management
- Served as Lead Construction Manager or Resident Engineer on large water-related construction projects with construction costs from up to $100M or more including, but not limited to, dams, spillways, levees, pipelines, pump stations, canals, wells, and groundwater recharge facilities
- Experience working with these projects in California
When you’re doing what you enjoy and working with great people, work becomes less like a job, and more like a way of life. Here, we have been fostering growth and creativity for nearly 50 years. Our culture of collaboration, support and empowerment creates long-term, trusting and successful relationships for our employee-owners and our clients alike. We’re also proud to offer flexible working arrangements that focus on our employee-owners’ health and well-being. If you are passionate about your field, excited about learning, and interested in pushing the limits of achievement, we’d love to have you join the family.
Who are we?
We are an employee-owned, leading consulting engineering, environmental and construction management firm ranked #84 in the ENR top 500 (2020). We partner with hundreds of government, energy, industry and institutional clients, and have completed 50,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries. We are sought out for our ideas, our creativity, and most of all, for the quality and character of our people.
Our client is seeking a Senior Construction Manager/ Resident Engineer to support their growing construction management practice in California. This position will lead construction management teams in the execution of CM projects, support our design teams with constructability reviews, and support our business development teams in winning new CM work. Location flexible; office locations in Carlsbad, Pasadena, Oakland and Sacramento.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Serve as Lead Construction Manager or Resident Engineer on large water-related construction projects with construction costs from up to $100M or more including, but not limited to, dams, spillways, levees, pipelines, pump stations, canals, wells, and groundwater recharge facilities.
- Lead and be responsible for project-specific CM teams including, staff and sub-consultants, with functions including, but not limited to, Resident Engineering, Office Engineering, Construction Quality Assurance, Construction Inspection, Surveying, Materials Testing, Contact Administration, Change Management, Cost and Schedule Analysis, Document Control, Environmental Compliance Monitoring and Public Outreach.
- Be based on-site full-time during project execution, or as appropriate for project and Client needs.
- Develop and implement Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Health and Safety Plans as required by Client policies.
- Communicate and coordinate with other project participants including Client, Designer, Contractor and Regulators to expeditiously resolve construction-related issues including, but not limited to, cost overruns, schedule delays, procurement delays, quality deficiencies, regulatory non-compliance, environmental non-compliance, permit non-compliance, change orders, operational impacts and public complaints.
- Be Client-facing during project execution, reporting to the Client on progress and receiving feedback, and communicating and coordinating additional Client needs to appropriate staff.
- Supervise and provide feedback on staff performance during project execution.
- Mentor and guide staff to develop their CM skills during project execution.
- Develop scopes, schedules, levels-of-effort and fees for CM work.
- Lead additional CM services as needed including, but not limited to, Risk Management, Dispute Resolution and Claims Analysis.
- Support engineering and design teams as needed including, but not limited to, feasibility reviews of planning-level studies, constructability review of design plans and specifications, biddability review of contract documents, input to construction methods and sequencing, input to construction cost estimates and schedules, contractor prequalification and review of contractor bids.
- Support internal CM training programs.
- Support hiring efforts including review of candidate resumes and participation in candidate interviews.
- Support marketing and business development efforts including, but not limited to, strategy workshops, proposal and fee development, proposal interviews, Client outreach and participation at industry events.
- Support administrative and operations teams with project and reporting and invoicing.
- 20 years or more of previous related professional experience.
- Experience with Construction Management of water resources projects in California, such as dams, spillways, levees, pipelines, pump stations, canals, wells, W/WW treatment facilities and/ or groundwater recharge facilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, team leadership, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong capability to work remotely and independently while maintaining productivity and motivation.
- Familiarity with MS Office, MS Project, Primavera P6, and other typical construction management related software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or related discipline
- Qualified as Professional Engineer (PE) in California
- Qualified as Certified Construction Manager (CCM)