[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for Sr Eng II – Architect opportunities for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
Full Time Office/Project - Telework is not offered
Sr Eng II – Architect
Join us as we make history at the Hanford Vit Plant, known as the Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant. We are designing and building a one-of-a-kind facility that will turn radioactive and chemical waste left over from World War II and Cold War plutonium production into a form safe for disposal. Your efforts will help protect the nearby Columbia River and the communities, salmon, and wildlife along its shorelines throughout the Northwest.
Sitting at the confluence of the Columbia, Snake and Yakima rivers near two mountain ranges, our community provides access to year-round outdoor recreation, 300 days of sun a year, more than 200 wineries within a 50-mile radius, and the amenities of large cities just a three-hour drive (or short flight) to Seattle and Portland.
Upon initial hire and onboarding, the position will require full time presence in the Richland, Washington project office. This position works a 9/80 schedule, offering every other Friday off.
• Execution of A-E services contracts
• Preparation of original architectural designs layouts, details, drawings and specifications for buildings
• Coordinate and integrate design work between the architectural discipline and other engineering disciplines
• Prepare procurement and subcontract requisition documents and perform associated technical bid evaluations with award recommendations
• Utilize critical thinking to evaluate, select, and apply design skills and techniques to project related assignments
• Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and job satisfaction
• Embodies a commitment to external and internal client service
BS degree in Architecture from an accredited university, with at least 9 years of progressive experience.
• Working towards professional registration
Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site. (Even if teleworking, must still be able to comply with security requirements to obtain a badge)
Must possess the right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
• Experience with architectural design, production techniques, building materials, and construction methods or development of project deliverables.
• Understands technical issues and cost related to selection of design features and unique architectural requirements.
• Knowledge of practices and procedures of NFPA, OSHA, ANSI, IBC, UFCs, and the USGBC LEED Rating System.
• Perform code reviews and generate code compliance reports/ drawings
• Skilled in oral and written communication
• Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions
• Demonstrated graphic presentation skills
• Understanding of engineering planning and control methods
• Experienced with producing a full, well-coordinated, detailed set of architectural construction documents
• Experienced with coordinating a multi-discipline design team
• Experience with CADD applications such as Autodesk design suite or MicroStation to originate 3D model content and produce design deliverables in a multidisciplinary model environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Sketchup
• Experienced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite- Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Experience with developing CSI Masterformat specifications, or SpecsIntact preferred
• Necessary skills to present technical subjects with competence and confidence
• Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited university
• LEED AP certified professional
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website: www.edgewatertech.net/careers
Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so. We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary is commensurate with education, experience and unique qualifications, and may range between $40 to $87 hourly.
Benefits may be structured to best suit your needs. We offer paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Founded in 2003, Edgewater is a professional and technical services firm supporting the U.S. Department of Energy and the U.S., U.K., and Canadian Commercial Nuclear Industry, and private sector businesses involved in high-hazard or complex operations. Edgewater proudly offers expertise in numerous technical disciplines necessary to support operational environments where Integrated Safety Management and formal, disciplined operations are essential to ensure safety, quality, security, and regulatory compliance.
Edgewater is committed to recruiting and maintaining a staff of highly skilled professionals to support our customers. In keeping with this objective, we offer highly competitive salaries and employee benefit packages structured to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
View all Edgewater opportunities at www.edgewatertech.net/careers