|Home >> Alternative Energy (Wind, Wave, Solar, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass, and Biofuels) >> Job Board >> Post|
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 76470-5934
Wind turbine service technician :
▪ Inspect the exterior and physical integrity of towers
▪ Climb towers to inspect or repair turbine equipment
▪ Collect turbine data for testing or research and analysis
▪ Perform routine maintenance on wind turbines
▪ Test electrical components and systems, as well as mechanical and hydraulic systems
▪ Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical malfunctions
▪ Service underground transmission systems, wind field substations, or fiber optic sensing and control systems
▪ Replace worn or malfunctioning components
▪ Fiberglass repair
▪ Blader repair
▪ Travel required
▪ DL required
▪ Siemens Wind training preferred
Mechanical skills. Windtechs must understand and be able to maintain and repair all mechanical, hydraulic, braking, and electrical systems of a turbine.
Physical stamina. Service technicians must be able to climb high, often with tools and equipment, to reach the turbines. Some tower ladders may be 260 feet high or taller.
Physical strength. Windtechs must lift and climb with heavy equipment and parts and tools. Some weigh in excess of 45 pounds.
Troubleshooting skills. Windtechs must diagnose and repair problems. When a turbine stops generating electricity, technicians must determine the cause and then make the necessary repairs.
Unafraid of heights and confined spaces. Service technicians often must repair turbines that are at least 260 feet high. In addition, technicians must work in confined spaces in order to access mechanical components of the turbine.
56 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.