|Home >> Alternative Energy (Wind, Wave, Solar, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass, and Biofuels) >> Job Board >> Post|
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: La Porte
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 77571
**LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED**
Job Title: Engineer I
Location: La Porte, TX
Duration: 12 months (W2)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
This position is located in La Porte, TX. Responsible for the safe and efficient operational shift activities for the NET Power Demonstration Plant. The facility is a nominal 25 MW Toshiba Super Critical C02 Turbine which is the first of its kind.
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
1. Perform the required activities of the control room and roving operator watchstations, including the operation and performance monitoring of all equipment, test and treatment of plant water chemistry, creation and maintenance of plant records, extensive use of personal computers and distributed control systems, and all other plant operations.
2. Maintain high personnel and equipment safety.
3. Maximize plant efficiency and profits without degrading personnel and equipment safety practices, environmental requirements or the long term operation of the plant.
4. Ensure all environmental permit conditions are constantly met.
5. Perform other assigned independent, team, or shift tasks such as system expert, industrial safety program activities, routine maintenance tasks, housekeeping and general facility preservation.
6. Assist in developing and defining operational policies and procedures.
7. Assist in identifying and implementing profit improvement projects.
8. Assist in developing the annual budget and training plan for plant operations.
9. Respond quickly to abnormal plant conditions or requirements.
10. Work with OSHA classified hazardous materials.
11. Provide outage support as directed.
1. Administratively reports to the Operations Manager.
2. While on shift, reports to the Shift Manager.
1. At least a high school graduate with a minimum of 10 year’s experience in steam and gas electric power plant operations, 5 years of control room experience and an overall knowledge of power plant equipment and operations including theory.
2. Additional background/skills in a maintenance or technical discipline such as engineering, mechanic, water chemistry, electrician, instrument and control, or gas turbines is required.
3. Ability to qualify and maintain qualification as a control room and roving operator. This includes the ability to distinguish between colors; ability to climb ladders; ability and dexterity to manipulate various size components from valves to small electrical switches to computer keyboards; ability to perform chemical sampling procedures; and the ability to handle quick changing situations under stress.
4. Ability to work extended hours and/or Holidays and respond to call in when required.
5. Experienced in the use of personal computers and software applications.
6. Ability to work independently and as an overall integral plant staff team member.
77 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.