|Home >> Alternative Energy (Wind, Wave, Solar, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass, and Biofuels) >> Job Board >> Post|
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
FieldCore, a General Electric company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GEís Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets.
NOTE: This is a highly traveling position to support installation and commissioning of Aeroderivative and O&G turbines. Applicants must reside within one hour from a major airport to facilitate quick travel
The AVR/ ex2100/ex2000 TFA, (Technical Field Advisor), manages Excitation activities on site during the Installation & Commissioning and Maintenance of lm6000, lms100 and lm/TM2500 gas turbines (generator or mechanical drive). Responsible for reviewing plant engineering documents and P&IDís, troubleshooting of plant systems and equipment, planning, organizing, integrating and direction of resources such as labor, tools and materials as required to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
The aero Gas Turbine / Generator Package excitation control system includes
several components including the generatorís Permanent Magnet Generator (PMG), the
generatorís Main Exciter Field, The Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR), Zero Speed Detection
Circuit, and a Rotor Ground Fault Monitor (RGF). Persons tasked with operating this
System should have a thorough understanding of power generation systems and be familiar with
associated system Drawing and System Schematic Generator Excitation
Selected candidate must be willing to be trained in aeroderivative controls systems micronet and MarkVIe. Excitation TFA are often assigned as controls TFAs; therefore, the importance of being fully qualified as a controlís TFA as well
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Electrical / Excitation Technical Advisor will install, commission, and troubleshoot the Generator Excitation, Digital electronic starters (LCI), Digital Generator Protection and supporting wiring Systems for gas and steam turbines.
- Duties will consist of, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Trace through the software documentation
- Implement control constant modifications
- Reading and Modifying software sequencing
- Set up and modify the hardware and software associated with the Gas and Steam Turbine Excitation / LCI system
- Implement excitation control system software changes
- Work with both DOS and Windows NT based operator interfaces
- Work with both analog and digital controls including logic
- Provide Technical Direction for wiring install and terminate, complete functionality checks, and troubleshooting the turbine excitation / LCI system.
- Perform start-up/shut-down sequencing and turbine/generator operation.
- Pre-outage and installation planning; possibly recommending and administering policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Gas Turbine Driver Control Systems and Auxiliary Systems
- familiar with Instruments and controls and PLCs for controls training
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Availability to frequent travel and work off-shore
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering and 4 years of experience, or 6 years of experience without formal degree, in power plant maintenance, turbine generator maintenance, or power plant equipment installation/ commissioning.
- Successful completion of required training programs is a minimum requirement.
- Demonstrated progressive, responsible experience with various types of turbine generator equipment and site accountabilities is required.
PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able and willing to work long hours
- Must be able and willing to work weekly schedules that are not uniform on a day-to-day basis
- Must be able and willing to work in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold) for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and steps
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments is required. International travel may be required
Please follow this link to directly apply in our company career's page
43 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.