|Home >> Alternative Energy (Wind, Wave, Solar, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass, and Biofuels) >> Job Board >> Post|
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Various USA Traveling Field Service
Country: United States
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that delivers world-class execution of field services and capabilities for GE and its customers. FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse. Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets. For more information about FieldCore’s world-class execution expertise, check out www.fieldcore.com
We are offering exciting career opportunities in Field Service for experienced Hydro-Electric Field Engineers. FieldCore employees enjoy flexible and consistent work assignments; career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom, online training, on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world and on our employee’s careers.
These positions are for work in the US and are for Legally authorized to work in the US candidates. You must be able to pass a drug test and background check. Some of the physical requirements of this position are traveling / field service job that requires you to be able to be away from home for extended periods of time, the ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds, perform physical work-related activities, work safely at different heights, and wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE). Employees must be prepared to work in different shifts, as required, to safely complete the assignment.
• Provide onsite technical direction on Generator Inspection, repair and installation, commissioning and maintenance on customer owned Hydroelectric power generation commercial and industrial facilities.
• Prepare and execute job-planning documents that define in detail the operations to be performed through engineering instructions, drawings, and process instructions.
• Oversight and management of project costs, procurement, QC, cost forecasting, project controls, project financials, and project reporting.
• Provide key vendor/supplier oversight ensuring rigorous execution in quality, corrective actions, schedule, cost, etc.
• Liaise effectively with customers in job planning, execution, follow-up and sales support.
• Provide technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements and quality standards of the sold product.
• Provide on-the-job instructing and training on generator stator rewinds, including brazing techniques.
• Knowledge of Hydroelectric equipment, machines, and GE generators with ability to provide routine maintenance checkout, repair and rebuild for wide range of equipment vintages.
• Provide both external and internal timely and accurate professional reports.
• Act as primary technical resource and assist in resolving engineering issues.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience with installation, repair and instruction on generator stators and associated equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage people and at time assume leadership as Working Supervisor.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management Applications, and online applications.
• Working knowledge of high voltage electrical testing for generators, stator winding and epoxy injection
REQUIREMENTS and ABILITIES
• Require candidates that are legally authorized to work in the US.
• Ability to pass a drug test and background check.
• Ability to lift safely a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Ability wear personal safety protection equipment (PPE) required by work sites.
• Must be able to walk/stand upright for periods of up to 12 hours
• Must be able to bend, squat and climb stairs/ladders (occasionally to frequently).
• Must be able to work on equipment located at or above shoulder level.
• Able to perform Outage work onsite of varied shifts/length of time, 8-12 hours a day, up to 7 days a week.
• Able to travel on short notice and be away from home for extended periods of time (1 day to 2+ months) at various work sites throughout the US and Canada.
“An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets”.
45 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.