|Home >> Alternative Energy (Wind, Wave, Solar, Hydro, Tidal, Geothermal, Biomass, and Biofuels) >> Job Board >> Post|
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
DN205931 – PRINCIPAL PROJECT CONTROLS – CHARLOTTE, NC – 12 MONTHS
Important - focus on candidates with Estimating experience and general Project Controls skills and abilities
• This position performs complex aspects of individual project estimating, scheduling, change documentation and cost control while reporting up to program or portfolio level as well as trains and teaches other members of PC organization aspects of projects controls.
• This position supports Project Managers and Project Directors on projects and programs of varying size and complexity.
• The Principal PCS will be expected to lead / direct the set up and reviews of the project controls status (cost, contract, WBS, schedule, resource, etc.) and will be critical to the mentoring of PCS I/PCS II/SrPCS positions.
• Using prescribed methods and tools, the position is responsible for performing primary aspects of project control assignments and considered a technical, SME, support position and requires college level reasoning via formal education or work experience.
• It requires understanding and application of complex project controls principles.
• This position must be expert with various computer applications with analytics that relate to schedule, cost, and risk with expertise / mastery with regards to the use, understanding and application of project controls principles and associated project controls software tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Lead Development / Generation of Periodic Project Controls Reporting.
• Provide leadership in development and generation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly project controls reports.
• Responsible for gathering, verifying, validating and analyzing data in support of project controls reporting, distributing and archiving project controls reports as appropriate.
• Provide presentation quality reports and be available to present if needed to project team/management team.
• Lead and Perform Change Control, track and manage changes to the project scope, schedule and cost baseline, identify, assess, gain approval for, and distribute change requests, change notices and/or change orders in a manner compliant with internal governance standards and terms and conditions of relevant contracts (as appropriate).
• Lead team through audit reviews and reporting and expertise in Project Controls Methodologies.
• Leads development and maintenance of WBS, project schedules, cost estimates, track and trend cash flow reports, change control documentation (scope, cost or schedule) and/or any reports associated with project controls.
• Tracks and reports project status performs variance, earned value and critical path analyses at a level appropriate for the project.
• Create and Maintain Project Estimate, work as/with Estimator(s) to create or create project cost estimate in order to establish effective cost controls management.
• Assure that project estimate includes all necessary raw materials, resource / labor rates, manufactured materials / equipment as well as current industry data relative to project scope.
• Manage the estimate according to PMCoE Estimating Standard and review cycle with effective Team Leadership and responsible for maintaining effective relationships with customers, supports the resolution of quality issues and complete assignments (proposals, project tasks, reports, etc.) within negotiated budgets and schedules.
• High School, Associate, Bachelor, Master: 4 year degree – business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent related experience in lieu of degree. 11+ Years of prior work related experience in addition to a degree: 7+ Years Job-specific knowledge
• Expertise/Mastery with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications / analytics; employee development; strong collaborative team member; oversight
• Software such as MS Project/MS Office Suite, Primavera, Business Objects, Passport, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft Risk management tools / Monte Carlo analysis
• May have relationships with individuals of varying levels in the following organizations: • Project Management • Finance • Engineering • Environmental • Safety • Quality • Development • Construction Management • Supply Chain • Legal • Operations • Communications • Regulatory • Fuels • Others
21 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.