Project Manager (Engineering) III - 9124278 (323369)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI is looking for a Project Manager for a 1+ year contract assignment. This position is office based. Looking for Electrical Transmission/Distribution project Experience ONLY. Responsible for overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management for Electrical Transmission/Distribution Projects;
1. Project Management:
-Prepare and produce project management reports, timelines, budgets, and documentation as guided by project or program manager.
-Independently manage and build project plan deliverables on smaller projects and contribute to larger projects.
-Provide tracking of large project plans.
-Identify plan gaps and develop closure plans.
-Ensure the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones in a dynamic/complex environment
2. Financial Management:
-Assist with management of project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals tracking.
-Support RFP and contract management processes. Review actuals versus planned budget during project life cycle to identify deviations, research reason for deviation and recommend corrective action.
- Ensure timely project closure, payment and reconciliation.
3. Project Planning:
-Define deliverables and required delivery dates.
-Facilitate the involvement of all key stakeholders in requirements gathering and planning process. Develop solution design that encompasses the entire project scope, and secure all required approvals (internal, external, etc.).
-Develop viable work plans/WBS, milestone schedules, and project cost/benefit estimates.
• A minimum 5 years' work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function within the Electrical Transmission/Distribution Utility Industry
• 3 -5 years' experience in Project Management in the Electric Transmission/Distribution Field; Formal project management training preferred
• Strong understanding of the Electrical Transmission/Distribution Utility Industry
• BS: Engineering, Construction, Business, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills; excellent written/verbal communications skills required
• Understanding of core business processes/ industry trends with ability to understand/apply ongoing changes
• Knowledge of project planning and business need justification process and methodology
• Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment
• Vendor/contract management experience preferred
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.