[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
URGENTLY NEEDED: HEAVY / EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - VARIOUS US LOCATIONS
Project Start: TBD
Hourly Rate: $18/hr - $22/hr - DOE
Overtime Rate: Available
Duration: 6 Months
- Assisting field supervisor by moving materials around site using a skid steer and a mini excavator.
- Will get out of equipment and help laborers as needed
- Utilize mini ex for trenching before they lay the pipe (2 ft trenches)
- Utilize skid steer to move pallets of cable and material on and off trucks, and around site.
- Will be working in outdoor hot conditions, as well as rain.
- Candidates must have experience with both skid steers and mini-excavators, as well as reliable transportation and the ability to work 10-hour days Monday through Friday.
- Operators will be responsible for the following functions:
- Utilizing an excavator or bulldozer to assist in the removal of trees or limbs or debris on the job site.
- Lifting pallets of glass solar panels.
- Work carefully with their spotter.
- Working with the civil construction team to clear all of the land on the solar site.
- Overall experience operating heavy construction equipment in a land clearing and preparation process.
- 2+ years construction experience
- 2+ years of doing outdoors work
- Experience in solar is essential
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be comfortable lifting 50-70lbs consistently throughout the day
- Must have active drivers license
- Must be willing to submit to a drug test and random drug screening, background check
- Osha 10