[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 533029
Posted By: Hope Power & Industrial Inc.
Posted On: 2019-08-18 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Turbine Mechanic] Up-Tower Wind Mechanic
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Up-Tower Wind Turbine Generator Techs
H P&I is a power & industrial field services company focused on manpower support services nationally and regionally to power generation related service providers, OEM, Utilities, specialty contractors, and industrial facilities.
Positions are available nation-wide for (Experienced and Entry Level) wind tower turbine /generator service mechanics with wind turbine experience. Candidate must be willing and able to travel from site to site plus work extended overtime hours as needed. Have Up-tower wind turbine work experience and safety training as required.
Wind turbine generator mechanics install, maintain, and repair wind turbines and generators. Wind turbine service technicians typically work outdoors, in confined spaces, and often at great heights up to 300’. Must be available to respond to work weekends. No DUI or DWI accepted. Must pass nationwide background check and drug screen.
Work with field crews responsible for troubleshooting and repairs to mechanical and electrical components of turbine generators. Assists in all areas of as directed by designated site supervision. Performs large component replacement of mechanical component including testing and ultimately repairs as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with diagnosis and repair to Wind Turbines as directed by the Supervisor/Construction Managers and support the repairs, to include parts usage and time worked.
• Interact closely with onsite maintenance technicians, or construction sub-contractor’s employees and provide guidance and training when applicable.
• Assist with the new installation and replacement of large wind components at any site locations as an “as needed” basis.
• Assist maintenance technicians, or construction sub-contractors during installation, commissioning, scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, or counter measure installations.
• Followed by technicians, or T/A’s, to perform regular scheduled maintenance activities.
• Travel, as required to assist other sites with installation, O&M, large corrective training, or maintenance tasks.
• Assess and follow all safety rules and procedures prior to beginning task.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must have at least 3-5+ years’ experience in wind turbine & generator maintenance, operation and large correctives.
• Familiarity with large component replacement such as: gearbox, generator, rotor and blades.
• Must have clean DMV record and ability to operate service trucks as required for site.
• Ability to train other employees in O&M and large corrective procedures.
• Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Working in and around wind turbine projects can be a very demanding occupation. Employees must be able to perform the following.
• Climb tower ladders up to 300’ in height.
• Lift up to 50lbs.
• Perform basic office and computer work.
• Ability to drive work vehicles in challenging locations i.e. snow & ice.
• Must be able to hear adequately in order to work safely in a construction environment.
• This role will require 80-90% travel, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
MINIMUM SAFTEY TRAINING REQUIRED:
• Tower rescue (Tractel is preferred)
• CPR/First Aid
• Bloodborne pathogens.
• NFPA 70E
• Hot works
• Fire Extinguisher
HP&I is an EOE
* All H P&I employment publications and conditions for offered position is “Contingent” on customer award, conditions of contract and acceptance by H P&I.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
15 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.