[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NES Global Talent is sourcing for our client who requires a Quality Inspection Manager to work with them conducting QA/Vendor Surveillance on turbines.
This is a remote role and will travel to different shops/manufacturing facilities to conduct inspections (a lot of the work based around Schenectady, NY) - generally for short visits of 1-2 times a month.
- Confirm that the Project Quality Plan adheres to the contract and is followed in the engineering, procurement, manufacture, delivery and installation direction of the equipment identified therein
- Provide surveillance and inspection during engineering and sourcing to achieve the standardization of power island equipment in accordance with the contractual requirements.
- Develop a list of agreed-to critical inspections and tests to be witnessed by the Buyer and Owner.
- Ensure supplier and Sourcing Quality Engineers are ready for Buyer and Owner inspections. Ensure all parties understand and are aligned on scope, documents required, timing & logistics prior to the inspections.
- Attend witness point visits with the Buyer and Owner.
- Inspect the processes, procedures and equipment.
- Provide post-inspection reports.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on progress of quality to Buyer and Owner. Participate in monthly project meetings.
- Hold weekly meetings with Buyer and Owner and suppliers to discuss progress of quality issues.
Desirable candidates will highlight their experience in heavy duty GT, HRSG and BOP accessories. They will have a minimum 5 years quality experience with Power Plant Equipment
If interested and believe you are suited to this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org