[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This individual will be responsible for all non-electrical aspects of design and site layouts for ground-mounted solar PV installations throughout the USA.
Work will be provided to installation contractors, geotechnical firms, permitting authorities, clients, and system owners as part of the complete design of the solar photovoltaic systems.
Will collaborate with various departments on requests to develop, design, and optimize the projects.
* Evaluate potential project locations for site suitability, geology, hydrology, topography, and other relevant characteristics to inform PV System Design.
* Potential travel to perform site assessments and due diligence field work throughout the USA in support of project bids, environmental studies, surveying, and construction activities.
* Support Sales and Project Development Departments by sizing potential customer sites using satellite imagery, publicly available land data, and PV system design experience.
* Design PV system including selecting racking/mounting equipment, designing access roads, drainage plans, performing relevant calculations, erosion prevention, and other tasks throughout the design and construction process.
* Assemble system drawing sets in AutoCAD for purposes of bidding, permitting, and construction in accordance with companies design standards and methodology.
* Prepare and/or evaluate technical specifications for foundation designs and construction site plans from contractors; Assist Supply Chain department in running RFPs and managing installation, civil, and geotechnical sub-contractors.
* Document completed installations for client as-built drawings for purposes of operations and maintenance.
* Remain up-to-date on new technologies and regulatory conditions including building codes, fire codes, utility requirements, vendor qualifications, industry best practices, safety standards, and relevant standards development.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.