[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title: Shift Supervisor; Remote Operations Center
Location: Marietta, GA ( north metro Atlanta, GA area near Highway 75 & Windy Hill Road)
The Supervisor will lead the Remote Operations Center (ROC) team and will report to the Senior Director of Engineering. The ROC is in a Marietta, GA office building and will be operated 24/7. The supervisor position has overall accountability in ensuring the safe, reliable and compliant operations of the facility.
Lead a team of a minimum of four Control Room Operators (CRO) in the prudent operation of remote monitoring, startup and shutdown of multiple power generation technologies including the following:
- Reciprocating Engines
- Wind Turbines
- Photovoltaic Units
- Gas Turbines
* Responsible for the mentoring, training and qualifying the CRO’s.
* Ensures maximum reliability and up-time of the SCADA system 24 hours per day/7 days per week, maintaining a secure VT SCADA environment in compliance with company and regulatory guidelines.
* Work within the VT SCADA software platform to remotely monitor, startup, shutdown and reset a variety of power generation systems.
* Perform VT SCADA system maintenance and operational changes/improvements under an established Management of Change (MOC) process including changing the system screens as needed.
* Provide proactive system support, working closely with our customers SCADA and/or Control Room Operators.
* Troubleshoot software and system components, from field device communication to the data historian, using available in-house and online support resources.
* Proficient in responding with the appropriate to casualty control to alarm conditions.
* Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
* Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
* Working with upper management providing Budget oversight
* Regular working hours Monday thru Friday (8 hours per day)
* Cover shifts as needed for sick / vacation coverage of team
* 8 plus years of SCADA systems operations and maintenance experience
* 2 plus years of experience in a supervisory role
* 5 plus years of experience working with Microsoft Office products
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
* Must be a U.S. citizen. Sponsorship is not available.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.