[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Title: Control Room Operator; Remote Operations Center
Location: Marietta, GA ( north metro Atlanta, GA area near Highway 75 & Windy Hill Road)
The Control Room Operator will monitor a variety of power generation technologies and configurations from the Remote Operations Center (ROC). The ROC is in a Marietta, GA office building. The ROC will be operated 24/7.
The Control Room Operator will be accountable for the safe, reliable and compliant operations including monitoring, startup and shutdown of multiple technologies. The remote facilities may include the following power generation technologies:
- Reciprocating Engines
- Wind Turbines
- Photovoltaic Units
- Gas Turbines
* Proficient in responding with the appropriate casualty control to alarm conditions.
* Ensures maximum reliability and uptime of the SCADA system 24 hours per day/7 days per week, maintaining a secure SCADA environment in compliance with company and regulatory guidelines.
* Work within the VT SCADA software platform to remotely monitor, startup, shutdown and reset a variety of power generation systems.
* Perform system maintenance and operational changes/improvements under an established Management of Change (MOC) process.
* Provide proactive system support, working closely with our customers SCADA and our Operations center.
* Troubleshoot software and system components, from field device communication to the data historian, using available in-house and online support resources.
* Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
* Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
* This position requires mandatory overtime outside of the embedded shift work as needed.
* 2 plus years of SCADA systems operations and maintenance experience
* 2 plus years of experience working with Microsoft Office products
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
* Must be a U.S. citizen. Sponsorship is not available.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.