[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Education Requirements: Reading, writing, and comprehension skills normally acquired through completion of high school.
Experience: One-year experience servicing heavy equipment a plus. Must possess a current CDL with Hazmat endorsement
Position Summary: Maintains equipment, performs greasing and oil changing, administers preventative maintenance, and assists mechanics.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs greasing, oil changing, and fueling.
2. Performs equipment inboud/outbound inspections.
3. Inspects equipment while fueling and greasing. Reports deficiencies to supervisor.
4. Assists mechanic with repairs, including performing minor repairs un-assisted, as time permits.
5. Assists supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates with a variety of oiling and related tasks as necessary.
6. Utilizes small assortment of hand tools to complete assigned tasks.
7. Reads and follows oil chart.
8. Gathers equipment hours and filter information for oil chart set up.
9. Becomes aware of safety precautions and understands safety and occupational hazards of work.
10. Keeps lube truck clean and well maintained.
11. Responsible for keeping inventory of fuel, oil, grease and filters.
12. Track daily fuel use.
13. Trains entry level personnel as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Current CDL with Hazmat endorsement
• Basic mechanical skills
• Good communication skills: oral and written.
• Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
• Self-motivated, and team-oriented.
• Extensive travel required.
• Works cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates.
• Performs other duties per supervisor’s discretion.
• Must have own assortment of hand tools. (Large/specialty tools will be provided.)