[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Solar Technician needed for a solar utility owner operator to support Operations and Maintenance (O&M) actives for 250 MW solar site in Santa Margarita, CA. The typical work schedule is 8am – 5pm with some weekend work if the facility has an outage. Company truck and tools will be provided for the selected candidate.
• Performs corrective, preventive, and emergency maintenance and operations for which they are qualified to safely and efficiently perform;
• Performs other technical and administrative duties associated with operating and maintaining a power facility;
• Ensures work is performed in accordance with Environmental and Safety requirements;
• Performs work independently and/or in work crews.
• Proven experience with a multitude of electrical/construction projects and knowledge of basic IT equipment.
• Understanding of general workplace safety and the ability to follow safety standards as well as help the company improve upon the standards in place.
• Ability to excel in a collaborative, cross-functional and geographically diverse organization.
• Maturity, professionalism and excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with superiors and colleagues.
• High energy, developed interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic.
• Detail-oriented with an ability to synthesize complex analysis, approach new challenges with creativity and summarize information in a manner that supports key decision makers.
• Demonstrated proficiency in research, highly technical equipment and engineering.
• Excellent hands on abilities with strong technical skills.
• Five (5) or more years-experience in a power plant or PV Solar O&M/EPC experience.
• 2+ years of field experience with significant I&E, I&C and/or C&I Electrician experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of electrical or mechanical fundamentals (single craft journeyman skills) such as electrical measurements, control circuits, and solid state theory application.
• Basic knowledge of operational characteristics of equipment and associated control devices installed in power facilities.
• 2 year technical degree or equivalent Journeyman certification/qualifications is preferred.
• Ability to operate personal computer with technical proficiency of standard business software.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations.
• Normal plant and/or office environment, including working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures and high humidity areas.
• Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect, or collect data on plant equipment.
• Requires use of wear personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.)
• May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals.
• Occasionally requires lifting up to 70 pounds, to perform duties and responsibilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Work overtime and non-standard working hours –(nights) as required