[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Job Title: Project Manager-Welded Steel tank projects
Reports To: Services Operations Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Project Manager –Services for any of our locations.
The Project Manager -Services is the single point of contact for the customer through the engineering, manufacturing and shipping phases. This position interacts closely with Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Shipping and Construction to ensure all of our customer demands are met.
Project Management Duties
· Assume all communications with customer upon hand off of order from Sales
· Communicate with Engineering and Drafting during the Engineering phase including the approval drawing submittals of each project. Assure we are tracking toward our engineering due date and resolving all outstanding engineering issues between the company and customer
· Review customer drawings to initiate internal change orders
· Upon submittal of Engineering to Production, communicate with Production Scheduling to assure order is tracking toward production completion date to meet the overall Project plan
· Upon production completion and handover to shipping, communicate to assure delivery time frames and coordinate our Construction Team’s/Contractor’s arrival to site for installation
· Communicate specific project details to the appropriate departments
· Handle all shortage issues and or manufactured quality issues for each associated Project Order while Contractor is on-site
· All other project related issues with the project order
· Alert team to scheduling conflicts and issues as they arise with construction schedules
· Generate Project Schedules based on customer needs and client timing
· Schedule and champion customer kick-off calls at project onsite as well as other customer meetings as needed throughout various project phases
· Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills/Abilities, Knowledge, Education, Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related disciplines
· Excellent communication skills
· Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage numerous projects remotely
· Exceptional problem-solving skills; able to identify problems and implement corrective actions
· Maintain a strong set of core values utilized in daily decision-making
· Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
· Lean or Six Sigma experience preferred
· Ability to travel as required to perform duties (10-15% travel expected)
Preferred Skills/Abilities, Knowledge, Education, Experience
· Basic knowledge of bolted and welded steel tanks
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Understand specifications, contracts and ability to review and negotiate Project terms and conditions.
The Workforce Group is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The Workforce Group participates in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration, and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security, with the information for each new employee’s I-9 to confirm work authorization.