[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our client is a leading construction engineering firm in the renewable energy sector. They deliver complete, turnkey electric power construction services to major utility companies, electric cooperatives, municipalities, engineering firms, renewable energy, prime contractors, owners and developers across the United States and in Canada.
They have an opening for a permanent Estimator with expertise in solar energy (full EPC utility scale projects) to work in their N.C. office. Compensation VERY competitive and full benefits provided, relocation available. May consider someone who met all the requirements but who wanted to work remotely. If you have current business that will follow you, a commission plan is also available.
This position will take the lead and assume responsibility for working with the Solar Division Director and others in planning the scope of work for complete construction of solar projects, including oversight for sound financial and construction methodology. The Estimator will manage all aspects of estimate development with consideration to costs, schedules, scopes of work, materials selection and quality. The Estimator will manage the preparation of RFP/RFQ documentation and specifications to be issued to material suppliers, subcontractors, and Company’s own electrical divisions. The Estimator will complete subcontractor and material supplier bid analysis, make selections, and finalize comprehensive proposals to solar project owners.
• Estimate complete projects in accordance with Solar industry standards and Company’s Policies and Procedures.
• Work with engineers, operations department, and construction personnel to identify and review work to be estimated, including review of Request for Proposal (RFP), drawings, specifications, and related internally and externally generated documents.
• Estimates will include time and material requirements, labor resources (costs and quantities) and where necessary, the estimator will analyze regional labor rates and per diems to be used in the estimate.
• Working with Engineering and Design teams, the Estimator will prepare material take-offs, develop corresponding estimates as well as obtaining quotations from vendors and subcontractors for materials and contracted tasks not being performed by the Company.
• Confer with internal and external groups (engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors) on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
• Identify opportunities, risks and contingencies throughout the project duration.
• Prefer BS degree in a business or engineering discipline program
• Ability to layout (pre-engineered) Solar Arrays on Client’s or Owner’s land
• Knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency and experience utilizing Bid2Win (B2W) heavy construction software (HIGHLY desirable) and Building Connected bid management software.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience estimating solar construction projects with detailed knowledge and experience applying estimating fundamentals
• Excellent oral and written communications skills including the ability to author and make presentations, writing technical documents, letters and preparing invoices.
• Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships (internal and external).
• General understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus and per Unit contract pricing mechanisms
• Ability to travel to project sites when needed, assess project performance, site conditions, and revise affected estimates accordingly.