[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Structural Welder BHI Energy is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented and well-organized Structural Welder to assist the Hydro division. You will work closely with supervisors and millwrights to complete your daily tasks. This assignment is for a hydroelectric power plant in the North Adams, MA area. Per diem and mobilization is available for qualified applicants. Essential Functions:
- All Welders will be required to pass a ALL position Multi Pass Weld & Butt weld test 2G.3G & 4G FCAW, GMAW & SMAW.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging. Ability to properly use fillet.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work.
- All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
- All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
- Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.