[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CVG is a leading North America workforce solutions provider to the Energy, Oil & Gas, Industrial and EPC industries.
CVG is hiring for a: QA/QC Civil Concrete Manager
Full Job Description
Job Title: QC Concrete Manager
Location: Nationwide Projects - Some travel to HQ in Dallas
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, some weekend work depending on project schedule
Sector Experience: Oil/Gas , Petro/Chem, MIdstream, Industrial
Performance Evaluated by: Project Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Effectively implement and manage the QC program and QC staff daily, accurately documenting and ensuring contract compliance by:
o Interaction in a professional, courteous, and civil manner
o Creating a cooperative environment with owner quality assurance (QA) representatives, subcontractors, and fellow workers
o Setting examples of acceptable work practices including time management
o Collaborating with the job start-up processes by attending preconstruction meetings as required to determine the owner’s expectations for QC management
o Determining QC tests, inspections, and meetings required before the start of each scope of work
o Effectively anticipating and managing the inspection of subcontractors’ material and installation requirements as required to maintain the schedule.
o Ensure timely documentation of all QC requirements
o Maintaining an organized submittal filing system
o Create and maintain an accurate and effective testing log
o Keeping a well-organized and clean office
• Produce a quality product per plans and specifications by:
o Having a complete knowledge and understanding of all the plans, specifications, addendums, supplemental drawings, and shop drawings.
o Routinely checking self-performed work and subcontractor’s work for quality and specification compliance.
o Coordinating daily with project Superintendent for all testing and inspections.
o Executing the three phases of control; preparatory, initial, and follow-up.
• Effectively document the project in a systematic and efficient format by:
o Accurately reporting all subcontractors on site, QC inspections, tests, man hours, and equipment hours in the Contractor’s Daily Report
o Coordinating with the Assistant Project Manager and Superintendent daily, and constantly improving the efficiency of the QC organization
o Following QC documentation requirements set out in the project specifications, preconstruction meeting, and project QC plan.
o Taking weekly job documentation photos and other photos as necessary
• The project QC Manager is 100% accountable and responsible to:
o Follow and enforce all company standards, systems, and policies
o Read, know, understand, and execute the project CQC Plan
o Upon delivery, inspect all materials supplied to the job to ensure compliance with contract drawings, specifications, and approved submittals. Immediately communicate any deficiency to the Superintendent and Project Manager.
o Schedule and coordinate all QC testing requirements so as not to delay the progress of the work
o Take weekly job photos for the Project Manager’s weekly progress report
o Assist the Superintendent with the preparation of his or her 2 week ‘Look- Ahead’ schedule to ensure that all QC requirements are properly scheduled
o Hold all preparatory, initial, and follow-up inspections as required in the project QC plan
o Retrieve a copy the testing technician’s daily field report for all tests or inspections
o Attend the subcontractor’s weekly coordination meeting and owner coordination meeting prepared to address all QC requirements
o Coordinate with Project Manager and Superintendent to ensure that all as- built documentation is accurately recorded both electronically and in the red-line as-built drawing set prior to each month’s pay request.
o Inspect and maintain quality workmanship built per industry standards and contract documents
o Ensure all construction is built per the contract, plans, and specifications
o Ensure work is built with the correct measurements, all work is complete before components are covered up, and ensure the execution of all required inspections.
o Prepare ongoing, weekly, and final punch-list with Superintendent and complete all items
o Satisfy the project Owner and maintain good, open communication channels
o Review all project shop drawings and submittals to ensure full contract compliance prior to scheduling the preparatory inspection.
o Prepare a daily report of all activities, workers, inspections, etc. and coordinate with the Superintendent and all subcontractors
o Know and understand complete project plans, specifications, documents, reports, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, and requirements.
o Maintain Company vehicle or personal vehicle in a clean and professional manner to represent the Company well
o Communicate daily with the Project Superintendent to discuss project quality requirements and deficiencies
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• 5+ years’ experience working on construction projects with at least 2 years’ experience as a QC manager on civil construction projects.
• Experience leading and managing a quality control staff.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and RMS.
• ACI Field Testing Technician Level I Certification preferred
• ACI Aggregate Testing Technician Level I Certification preferred
• Or ability to obtain above certifications and any other certification requested related to Concrete Paving Field
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and MVR that meets company standards
• Must have a reliable method of transportation to and from work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to -
• Ability to frequently lift and/or push/pull up to 50 pounds
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or push/pull up to 100 pounds
• Ability to work overhead
• Ability to use hands to grasp
• Ability to reach with arms
• Ability to move in and around confined and cluttered places and uneven areas
• Ability to repeatedly stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist throughout the workday and week
• Ability to climb up and down a ladder and balance
• Employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment as needed to perform job tasks
• Employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles.
• Employee must be able to properly use and handle toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, and/or humid conditions, high precarious places, and outside weather conditions
CVG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required Employment Eligibility Verification form (Form I-9) upon hire. CVG participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9 to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.