[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Our client is seeking a SCADA Applications Engineer (Owner’s Representative) to work within their facilities located in Juno Beach, FL, for a long-term assignment.
Responsible for managing third-party engineering firms in the design, integration, programming, commissioning, and testing of power plant SCADA systems and RTU. Duties include working within clients’ requirements and specifications in managing multiple projects and multiple SCADA integration firms to deliver as-designed power plants onto the utility grid on time and within budget. Work on behalf of one of the world’s largest renewable energy developers and builders as a manager of SCADA Deployment and commissioning on power system projects.
Reports To: SCADA Commissioning Manager
• Manages allotted projects to achieve deadlines pertaining to the scope of SCADA integration, commissioning, startup, and testing
• Works collaboratively with in-house resources and sub-suppliers in various disciplines to determine project priorities, achieve milestones and actions, schedule and work plans to meet milestones
• Plans and schedules work and vendors to achieve portfolio deliverables
• Reviews and comments on SCADA integration and design feasibility
• Manages sub-tier suppliers to the requirements outlined in contracts or purchase orders as the lead manager and administrator
• Reporting daily, weekly, and monthly on progress to upper management
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Travel required 30%
Commissioning and integration of SCADA systems
• Control system architecture and PLC programs
• Understating utility communication protocols such as Modbus, DNP3, CAN bus, BacNet, ICCP
• RTU to RTU interface and Programming
• Schedule and plan understanding
• Electrical and Communications plan-set understanding
• Strong analytical skills, problem-solving
• Working knowledge of Utility Meters, Substation RTAC, Protection Relays, Orion LX
• Worked with managed Ethernet switches, Hirschman’s, MOXA, Cisco, etc.
• Working experience with Ethernet and Serial networks
• Knowledge of Power Plant Networking, Security and Firewalls
• Expertise working with a battery and solar inverters, wind SCADA systems
• Project Management experience handling multiple consultants, vendors and EPCs.
• Understanding of NERC compliance from the SCADA perspective
• Third-party firm management
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently on a daily basis.
• Standing on feet for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work at a desk position in front of a computer monitor for extensive periods of time.
• Bending, stooping, and twisting frequently to move inventory and other items.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle for purposes of commuting between 2 working locations.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering with experience in related Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) in energy projects.
• Excellent project management, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• 3+ Years’ experience in programming and commissioning of SCADA in Power Plants is required.