[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Alternative Energy Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Airswift is looking for a Turbine/Generator Specialist to work at the Rockingham County CT Station on a contract basis.
**Manager is specifically looking for someone with Control Room Operator experience with Siemens 501 combustion turbines. **
This position is responsible for following approved procedures, for the start-up, shutdown, normal operations, monitoring, servicing, and maintenance of all equipment systems at the Combustion Turbine facility.
Must be familiar with emergency procedures to follow during periods of abnormal operation.
Accountable for knowing and adhering to all location safety procedures including red tagging and personal protective equipment.
Performs maintenance of plant equipment; troubleshoots, repairs, and calibrates equipment.
Monitors equipment performance through test, analysis, and report variances.
Performs inventory duties.
Must be capable of handling required responsibilities with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for operations, maintenance and balance of plant functions required at the Combustion Turbine facility.
• Perform operation, planned and unplanned maintenance on substation equipment at the Combustion Turbine facility.
• Perform and follow Lock-Out-Tag-Out procedures on equipment such as gas turbines, pumps valves, chillers and high voltage equipment
• Performs record keeping duties concerning Environmental, Health & Safety records, spreadsheets and documents.
• Able to make repairs to prime movers and balance of plant equipment at a Combustion Turbine facility
• Ability to read and understand technical OEM manuals, recommendations, and warranty agreements
• Support and follow safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Ability to operate, troubleshoot and maintain water treatment facilities such as reverse osmosis, demineralizers; and perform chemical treatment for equipment such as chillers, cooling towers and HRSGs
• Perform and monitor combustion turbine plant equipment through normal operations, testing and emergency type events
• Must have general mechanical and electrical skills and knowledge to troubleshoot, maintain and operate a combustion turbine site
• Perform inventory duties, generating spare parts list, min/max levels and revising inventory lists as required.
• Ability to read and understand technical mechanical, civil, electrical drawings
• General knowledge and ability to perform high voltage switching
• Two-year college degree or technical school certificate; or 2 plus years of related experience or combustion turbine industry training or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Experience with combustion turbine technology.
• Experience with large heavy gas turbine and steam turbine supplier technologies.
• High voltage and substation maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with mechanical and electronic field-testing equipment.
• Experience with digital control systems, programmable logic controllers, and multi-fueled technologies.
• Experience with heavy equipment rigging and a combustion turbine site with heavy equipment.
• Knowledge of heavy lifting cranes and rigging requirements.
• Must be proficient with computers, software applications and plant work management software and tools such as Microsoft packages that include word, excel, power point. In addition, experience with maintenance management systems such as Maximo, PassPort or equivalent.
• Must have the ability to work within a team-oriented environment and demonstrated team interface skills.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must successfully complete EEI's Plant Operator Selection System (POSS), and Power Plant Maintenance Selection System (MASS).
• Must successfully complete a Power Plant Physical Abilities Assessment.
• Required to pass a medical physical including a respirator fit test.
• Ability to successfully complete levels of Employee Development and Qualification Program training.
• Ability to work around equipment that generates electromagnetic fields (EMF).
• This position contains a weight restriction of 275 pounds as an essential function of the job. The purpose of this restriction is to ensure that all weight rated equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner within maximum allowed weight loading.
• Frequent overtime including weekend work and holidays.
• Able to work/respond on short notice to support planned/unplanned/emergency site events.
• Work schedule is rotating shift work.
• Required to wear a respirator and must be able to successfully complete a physical and respirator fit test on annual or as needed basis.
• Must be able to work at heights, from suspended work platforms and in confined spaces.
• This position requires field work in a Combustion Turbine Cycle facility which includes exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust, and humidity.
• Willing to travel approximately 5-10% for training and assist other Carolinas Combustion Turbine sites when required.
• Exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF).