Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
Jacobs provides field, range, testing, chemical, and biological laboratory support to the U.S. Army at the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) located at Dugway Proving Ground (DPG), UT. As a major test site for the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command, the WDTC is responsible for the test and evaluation of chemical and biological (CB) defense systems, incendiary and smoke/obscuration munitions systems, and related operational concepts. In addition to these responsibilities, we also support non-CB testing at the WDTC for the DOD and other Federal agencies, including environmental assessment/impact evaluation and munitions demilitarization.
* Candidate will prepare requisition actions of DD Form 3161's via the use of the network PBUSE Program for all incoming requisitions of supplies, materials and equipment from the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) organizations, other installation organizations, and Tenant units as required. Upon receipt of materials the candidate will post transactions to the expendable, durable and non-expendable document registers.
* Maintain files for all requisition transaction, receipts and historical data for all supplies, materials and equipment. Candidate will require extensive knowledge of computer data base programs and preparation of supply forms as required.
* Maintain calibration of West Desert Test Center (WDTC) organizations calibration items in accordance with WDTC established policies and procedures.
* Answer Customer Service Phones supporting the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) organizations. Log work requests into database for scheduling, close out and recording of labor hours.
* Must be punctual and capable to work independently and/or working directly with other divisions supply personnel. Responsibilities may also require that other duties be performed as needed while performing regular duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* Must have at least 3 years’ experience in maintaining records and conducting inventories of accountable property, plus specialized training in computerized inventory systems.
* Should have experience as a toll and parts attendant, serves as the hand receipt holder for Government-furnished property. Experience in preparing requisition packages.
* Medium- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
* Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
* Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates.
* Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management.
* No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
* Office is located on site in Government spaces at: Dugway Proving Ground, UT.
Equipment and Machines:
* Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
* Regular hours will be between Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings.
* Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
* Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions:
* Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
* Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
* Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
* Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
* Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required.
* Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects.
* This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
* When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
* This position will require a valid driver license to operate a variety of vehicles.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our Core Values: Profitable Growth is an Imperative, People are the heart of our business, Clients are our valued partners, and Performance excellence is our commitment. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.
Salary: Up to US$20.32 per hour
Location: Tooele County, Utah
64 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.