Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 74,000 people and operates in more than 40 countries around the world.
Jacobs provides field, range, testing, chemical, and biological laboratory support to the U.S. Army at the West Desert Test Center (WDTC) located at Dugway Proving Ground (DPG), UT. As a major test site for the U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command, the WDTC is responsible for the test and evaluation of chemical and biological (CB) defense systems, incendiary and smoke/obscuration munitions systems, and related operational concepts. In addition to these responsibilities, we also support non-CB testing at the WDTC for the DOD and other Federal agencies, including environmental assessment/impact evaluation and munitions demilitarization.
* Security clearance/PRP
* Basic computer skills
* Wear a full face respirator/PPE
* Willing to work with dilute agents
* Set up and operate miniature GC air monitoring systems (MINICAMS)
* Analyze data from MINICAMS and produce a data package
* Set up and operate air-sampling collection tubes
* Support both field and lab environments
* Review data packages
* Set up new sampling lines, retrograde air sampling following testing
* Support practice and actual emergency situations for safety air monitoring
* Hookup and tow a trailer with a pickup
Education and Experience:
Must be certified as a Level III MINICAMS Operator. Must have current security clearance. Must have completed a minimum of 40 hours of on-the-job training in test and process monitoring. Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of set-up,operation, sampling, calibration, quality control, data collection, and trouble-shooting for test monitoring in a chemical agent or simulant environment.
Must be a certified Level II Agent Handler and have current certification in DAAMS and bubblers. Must have Chemical Accident Incident (CAI) response experience. Must demonstrate testing operations proficiency and obtain certification through the Certification Board for MINICAMS Operator Level IV prior to performing actual work in testing support.
* Medium- Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
* Generally a Chemical Laboratory environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
* An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
* Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates.
* Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management.
* No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
* Office is located on site in Government spaces at: Dugway Proving Ground, UT.
* Work environment will be typical of chemical laboratory.
* Routine work will involve use of hazardous industrial chemical as well as various chemical warfare agents.
* Work will require incumbent to work with hazardous industrial chemicals as well as various chemical warfare agents.
* Incumbent must be able to wear standard industrial respirators and/or M-40 Mask for protection from industrial chemicals/chemical warfare agents for extended periods of time.
* In addition, the incumbent may be required to stand for extended periods while performing routine laboratory work.
Equipment and Machines:
* Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
* Standard Chemical Laboratory equipment.
* Regular hours will be between Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings.
* Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
* Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions:
* Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
* Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
* Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
* Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
* Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required.
* Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects.
* This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
* When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
* This position will require a valid driver license to operate a variety of vehicles.
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our Core Values: Profitable Growth is an Imperative, People are the heart of our business, Clients are our valued partners, and Performance excellence is our commitment. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.
Salary: Up to US$18.00 per hour
Location: Tooele County, Utah
50 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.