Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Electrical Designer II-Mobile, AL
Chief Department Engineer, Department Engineer III or Designer III, IV
Designer I and Draftspersons
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for drawing development as assigned by the Chief Department
• Engineer, Department Engineer III or Designer III, IV
• Responsible for checking drawings done by Designers I and Draftspersons
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
• 3 to 8 years of shipyard design and construction experience or equivalent experience.
• 3 years of 3D modeling experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines
• Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
• Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products, ShipConstructor or other 3D modeling software
• Possess a thorough understanding of design, in any or all of the following areas: structure, HVAC, mechanical systems, wire ways or fitout
• AA Degree in CAD preferred
• Computer – MS Office, AutoCAD 2008 or later, ShipConstructor 08
• May lead and direct the work of Designers I, Draftspersons
• May determine technical adequacy of drawings
• May provide input to evaluations of Designers I and Draftspersons
• Experience in the construction of high speed aluminum vessels is advantageous but not a requirement
• Knowledge of modular construction methods is advantageous but not a requirement.
• Knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels is advantageous but not a requirement.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities.
• Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
• 18 years of age or older at time of application.
• Able to provide proof of US Person Status
• No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
• No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from disposition date
• Willing to submit to a drug screen
• Willing to submit to a background check
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO KAYLA.ROWE@SIRIUSTECHNICAL.COM
18 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.