[Industrial Hygienist] Lead Industrial Hygienist - DOE
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
System One is looking for an experienced Lead Industrial Hygienist for a long-term DOE project in Carlsbad, NM.
Under general supervision, performs Industrial Hygiene (IH) oversight of work in the field. Duties will include assisting junior and senior IH Technicians with assigned job functions as assigned to them by IH Supervisors and Management. Typical job responsibilities are to assist with all Industrial Hygiene work planning, assist in Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) development and review, review and provide field validation and implementation of all Industrial Hygiene Program procedures and assist and support management in ensuring the monitoring, controls and processes for reducing and controlling chemical, biological, and physical hazards are in compliance with all applicable procedures, policies, contractual/operational requirements, safety guidelines, MSHA, DOE Orders and local, state and federal regulations. Typical job responsibilities do not include directing work activities or utilizing discretionary decision making authority. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
· Provides assigned technical, administrative or functional support to the management team
· May provide leadership to less experienced IH Technicians
· Performs tasks according to detailed instructions and established procedures
· Assists others in developing and implementing programs for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards in project work areas
· Maintains data in various data capture systems
· Assists in generating reports, charts and spreadsheets as needed
· Provides technical, administrative and/or functional support to the Industrial Hygiene team
· Provides support to ES&H field support groups, including but not limited to monitoring for chemical and physical hazards
· Perform duties of general/routine complexity in nature
· Other job related duties as assigned
· Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner
· Actively participates in safety work groups
High School diploma/GED and 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 5 - 8 years. Radiological training is required or the ability to obtain. Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft software. Basic understanding of federal and state policies and regulations, project policies and requirements. Intermediate interpersonal and communication skills
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.