[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Oversaes Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group is actively searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer (Department Manager) to work in Muscatine, IA.
Direct hire / full-time / benefited employee
• Education / Experience: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience with Facility Design, HVAC Design and federal projects (Department of Defense) experience. Central Plant experience (a plus)
• P.E. License (required)
• US Citizenship for Federal Contractor Compliance (required)
• Travel approximately 10% of the time (domestic and international).
• Work as a project manager or senior project engineer on a variety of Energy, Infrastructure, Federal, and International Projects.
• Have a good understanding of mechanical systems, for a variety of project types including building mechanical systems such as: HVAC, plumbing, facilities design (boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors), piping layout, equipment selection, district & central heating and chilled water plants, campus-type utility distribution systems, industrial/process facilities, power and infrastructure retrofits and upgrades, and other energy infrastructure projects. The projects are of varying sizes and locations for higher education, utility, federal (Department of Defense), municipal and industrial clients.
• Help in the direction and strategic growth of an established full-service engineering office. Ideal position for a motivated individual looking for diversity, unique challenges, and an opportunity to have a direct impact on the development and success of a growing office. Position offers interaction with a variety of clients in several different markets, with additional opportunities to work on International projects.
• Responsible for the direction and supervision of professional, technical and administrative job groups. Coordinates project priorities, staffing schedules, budgets and staff assignments to ensure clients are provided the best design capabilities to meet their needs. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, provides technical expertise to assigned projects including the analysis, evaluation and resolution of specific design problems and development of designs.
• Manage all organization functions assigned to department including: personnel administration; project quality assurance and project team support; and support of technical organization.
• Provide support of business development strategies for client growth and execution.
• Recommend department plans, programs and resources, including staff budgets and capital expenditures, and manages and executes those approved to meet line organization objectives.
• Supervise and develop Project Managers and department members to meet established objectives.
• Recommend hiring, training, salaries, promotion, transfer, demotion and termination of department members.
• Serve as Project Manager or Senior Mechanical Engineer on key department projects.
• Assists in the pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
• Determine client requirements and develops reports, specifications, drawings, designs, instructions and related documents.
• Technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinates technical efforts within discipline areas.
• Consult with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
• Prepare engineering and design documents. Desirable experience in: Trane TRACE, Caesar II, and Pipe-Flo Professional/Trane Pipe designer.
• Lead and mentor less experienced engineers and designers through the design process. Candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Office. Experience with ProjectWise or similar document control tools is a plus.
• Experience managing a design budget and schedule and be able to demonstrate proficiency in these areas.
• Project experience as a Discipline Lead, Task Lead, Project Lead or Project Manager is a plus.
Johnson Service Group is an EEO / An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer